Add some fun learning to your next camping trip with these free printable camping journal pages for kids. These camping activity pages feature a variety of activities, journaling, and planning that are perfect for kids in kindergarten – 5th grade. Just grab the free printables and get ready for your next camping trip!
Free Printable Camping Journal Pages
This printable camping journal pages packet for kids is a great way to plan for a camping trip and record memories during it. It will also be a fun keepsake for them (or you) to keep for the future. The 12-page booklet has cute pictures for kids to color in addition to filling out their answers to the writing prompts about their camping trip.
You and your kids will love these no prep camp journaling pages to work on life skills such as planning for their trip, writing, and language arts skills.
This printable packet is perfect for using before your camping trip for planning purposes, during your camping trip, as well as after your trip is done to continue to write about camping memories.
Age and Grade Levels for the Journaling Pages for Camping
The camping journal printables are good for children in kindergarten – 5th grade, although they may also work for children both younger and older than that. Children in the younger part of that age range may need help with some of the writing and may even need to dictate their answers to an adult or older child who will write for them.
I encourage you to let children answer whatever they want to answer. That is part of what makes these kinds of projects so special in the future.
How to GRab and Print The Camping Journal Printable Set
The pdf file for the Camping Journal Set will open in a new window. Once you open it, you can either print right from there or save the freebie to your computer or device to print later. (I recommend saving and then printing after opening it on your computer or device.)
If you have any printing issues, I have some tips here that can help with a variety of issues that sometimes pop up because of different web browsers or updates.
I recommend printing this packet on regular white printer paper, as there are several pages where kids can color some of the pictures. Other than the cover page, this packet is all black and white, which should help with printing costs.
What’s Included in the Camping Journal Packet?
Pages and activities included in the free camping journal printable packet:
- Packet cover page
- Camping Journal title page – this includes a place to write the child’s name and lots of camping-themed pictures to color
- My Packing List page – perfect for planning out your camping packing list
- “Before We Go” – this is a page all about the trip such as where you will be camping, who you are going with, and more
- Best Memories (two different pages) – A free writing page that is perfect for older elementary children. Younger children may need assistance with recording their memories or you can skip this page for younger children.
- Today’s Highlight – Fill your camping journal with one of these for each day of your trip. It includes recording the day’s weather, the best part of the day, the worst part of the day, and more
- My Favorite Photos and More Photos (two different pages) – These include spots for attaching photographs of the camping trip. You could also suggest that kids draw pictures here instead.
- Favorite Camping Food Recipe (two different pages) – These pages include a spot for listing the recipe and how to make it.
More Camping Printables and Activities
If you’re looking for more camping printables and activities (plus some for general traveling), you’ll want to check out some of these:
- Work on some language arts skills while having fun with this awesome Camp Out Printables Packet for Kids. This post also includes lots of great camping-themed book suggestions.
- Planning your first trip to a cabin for your camping experience? Here are 10 Ways to Prepare for a Cabin Camping Trip.
- This free 28-page Travel Journal for Kids is great for camping or any other type of travel!
- Looking for another type of journal for the summer? Grab this free 27-page Summer Journal for Teens and Tweens. It would be great to take along on your camping trip!
- This Interactive Kids Camping Journal from NatureFamilyFun on Etsy looks AMAZING! It’s a printed booklet and your kids will love it.
- This Summer Nature Study Journaling Page could easily be added to your camping journal or you can use it on its own.
- Do you and your kids love word searches? I have a bunch of summer-themed word searches. Here are the sets you can grab: Set of Five Easy Summer-themed Word Searches, Sandcastle Word Search, Summer Sun Word Search, and a set of two general Summer Word Search printables.
- Avoid summer boredom with this Bingo-style Summer Bucket List for Kids.
- Enjoy 14 different summer scavenger hunt printables with this free printable set!
- Have fun coloring this lovely and intricate Flip Flops on the Beach Coloring Page.
Summer Crafts and Activities
Would you like some more summer crafts and activities? You’re sure to find some crafts and activities your kids will love here:
- This Glittery Rainbow Painting Project would be so fun for kids, as long as you don’t mind a possible glitter mess.
- Sunflowers are a bright and beautiful part of summer. Here is an easy and inexpensive Sunflower Paper Craft with a free printable template.
- There are tons of awesome ideas in this post about Summer Crafts for Preschoolers.
Before you access the printable, please know that grabbing your copy means you agree to all of the following terms:
- This packet is for personal family use or single classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be shared, sold, hosted, distributed, or stored on any other website including, but not limited to, school/church websites, other blogs, Scribd, Google Drive, DropBox, Facebook, etc. (You may, however, store it in your personal Google Drive or DropBox if you are the only person with access to it.)
- You may not change this packet, copy it as your own, or claim this as your own.
- All graphics in this packet have been purchased and used with permission. You may not use the graphics for other projects.
- All materials (posts, printables, etc) on this site are copyright protected.
Get the Camping Journal Printable Pages
The Camping Journal Printable Set is a completely free packet available here on Real Life at Home:
Disclosure: This post contains affiliates links. They do not change the price you pay. However, when you shop through them, we may receive a small compensation.
Summer Camp Out Printables and Activities
Subscribe to our newsletter and receive the Summer Camp Out Printables and Activities Packet.