Where did summer go? At the end of this week, August will be here, and that means that it’s time for the August Activities for Catholic Families printable.
As always, even if you’re not Catholic, you might find some fun faith formation activities that will work for your family on this printable, so be sure to check it out.
Here are 10 August Activities for Catholic Families
The download link for the printable can be found farther down in the post.
1. Plan a cookout for your family (or invite friends too!) in honor of St. Lawrence, patron of grill cooks. (August 10th)
2. Do something nice for your Mom, in honor of St. Augustine, whose mother (St. Monica) followed him and prayed for years for his conversion to Christianity. St. Augustine’s feast day is August 28th.
3. Have some prayer time for family members that may have fallen away from the church. St. Monica’s feast day is August 27th.
4. Complete some of the Feast of the Transfiguration activities from Three Sided Wheel (August 6th).
5. Make a sacrifice this month that benefits of another person. St. Maximillian Kolbe’s feast day is August 14th.
6. Attend Mass on August 15th for the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary. It’s a Holy Day of Obligation.
7. Work on memorizing one prayer or Bible verse with your children this month.
8. If you missed out on doing a May crowning, you can still do one on August 22nd for the Queenship of Mary.
9. Find a tutorial for making frosting roses and use them to decorate a sweet treat. St. Rose of Lima’s feast day is August 23rd.
10. Go out past city lights to do some star watching. How many constellations can you find? St. Dominic is the patron saint of astronomers and has a feast day of August 8th.
Note: This download is free for personal or classroom use. It can also be put into church bulletins or newsletters, but the copyright credit line must be included. It cannot be sold, published, or hosted on other websites. If you want to pass along the printable, please feel free to share a link to this post (not directly to the printable) with others. Thanks!
(If you are having clarity issues with the printable, as sometimes happens in Mozilla Firefox, check out these trouble shooting tips.)
If you like this printable, you might want to check out the other monthly Catholic printables as well as all of the Catholic printables here on Real Life at Home. Here is a word search that features the names of saints and feast days from August.
Other Catholic Printables You May Love:
Join 10,000+ Other Awesome People
Subscribe to the Real Life at Home weekly newsletter to get our latest content, exclusive free printables, learning activities, and ideas for celebrating with your family all year