August 15 is when we celebrate the Feast of the Assumption. It is the time we remember when Our Mother was taken up to heaven, body and soul. To help young kids understand this joyous occasion, I created The Feast of the Assumption Coloring and Craft Activity.
This craft for preschool kids aims to help young kids visualize this event. But more so, it concretely illustrates how much God loved His Mother. And that we, in turn, should shower Our Mother with the same love.
The Feast of the Assumption Coloring and Craft Activity
- The Feast of the Assumption Craft Printable <<< Scroll after the craft directions to get the Feast of the Assumption Free Printable
- 2 Pieces of Paper (we used blue paper)
- Coloring materials
- Kids Scissors
- Cotton balls
- Green strips of paper
How to make the Feast of the Assumption Craft:
1. Print The Feast of the Assumption Craft Printable.
- Encourage the kids to color in the images. There is one image of the Blessed Virgin Mary, two angels, and an optional crown as well.
- After coloring everything, let the kids cut out their colored work.
2. Take one piece of paper.
- Cut a small horizontal slit on the top part of this paper.
- Let the kids glue cotton balls on the upper part of this first piece of paper, to make it look like clouds. Glue the angels on it as well. This signifies heaven.
- On the bottom part of the same piece of paper, glue green strips of paper. This signifies earth.
3. Cut out a thin strip using the second piece of paper.
- Glue one end of this thin strip of paper behind the Blessed Virgin Mary cut out.
- Insert the other end of this thin strip into the small horizontal slit you created in Step #2.
4. The kids can now pull Mother Mary from earth towards heaven, where God and the angels await for her.
- Optional: Glue the crown just above the small horizontal slit, so that when Mother Mary is pulled to heaven, the crown lands on her head.
I hope that through this simple craft activity, I was able to let your kids have a concrete understanding of the Feast of the Assumption. Through this feast day, we appreciate the love and affection that God has for His Mother. Knowing this should help remind us to always shower Our Mother in heaven with that same love and affection.
Other Catholic Printables You’ll Love:
Mysteries of the Rosary Draw and Write Activity Packet
Subscribe to our newsletter and receive the Mysteries of the Rosary Draw and Write Activity Packet!