My Numbers Mini Books: Set of 10 Bug Mini Books (Free Printable) Post Preview: Children can work on counting and number recognition, along with simple reading, with this free set of 10 My Numbers Counting Books for preschool and kindergarten.
I really love using mini books with early learners. I have written about them and shared printable mini books many times.
Though I also used mini books when I worked in the public school system, my most fond memory of using them was with the preschool class I taught for a couple of years in our homeschool co-op. I had a new one for them to do each time we met. The kids knew that I would have one for them to do and eagerly anticipated it. I think there’s just something special for kids to have their own small book.
The free set that I’m sharing this week is a set of ten My Numbers Mini Books. Yes, that’s right – ten mini books and they’re all free! Plus, they have a fun “bug” theme.
Note: The “My Numbers Mini Books” download is available farther down in the post. Be sure to scroll all the way down to get it.
- My Little Book of Opposites Free Printable
- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Coloring Book and Reader for Preschool – 1st Grade
- Saint Patrick’s Day Mini Books for Emergent Readers
My Numbers Mini Books: Set of 10 Bug Mini Books
This printable set of mini books for kids has a focus on counting, number recognition, and just a little bit of simple repetitive reading. The 10-page printable activity has fun bug pictures for kids to color or paint. Each page of the printable makes a separate four page mini book.
While the pictures in the bug counting mini books can be colored with crayons, there are many other ways for kids to be creative with this set beyond just crayons. (Though, honestly – I think crayons are pretty fun too.)
Some options beyond simply coloring each page with crayons:
You can give your children or students the option of painting the pictures instead of coloring with crayons. Or, they can still color, but use markers, colored pencils, or even pastels.
Yes, it could add more mess and a little more prep work, but it can be fun to mix things up a little bit. Plus it uses their fine motor skills in a different way.
What’s included in the My Numbers Mini Books Printable Set?
The free printable packet is a 12-page download. It includes:
- Packet cover
- My Numbers Counting Book Set for Making Mini Books – this includes ten full sheet pages to make ten mini books, with each mini book being four pages
Each mini book features the following pages:
1. A cover with “My Number (the number) Book” – for example, there is a “My Number 3 Book”
2. A butterfly with the number of polka dots that corresponds with that mini book theme. So, the three book has a butterfly with three polka dots on it, which children can color in the manner of their choosing. Under the butterfly, the number is spelled out in written form and students can trace it.
3. A bug with the correct number of dots to correspond with that mini book theme. Children can color the bug and dots. Under the bug, the number is spelled out in written form and students can trace it.
4. A page with a large number written in numeral form. Ideas for how to use this page:
- Rainbow Writing – students can trace the inside and outside of the number multiple times with a variety of colors of crayons
- Coloring – students can color in the number in the color of their choosing
- Pipe Cleaner – students can bend a pipe cleaner to fit inside the shape of the number
Each mini book will be predictable for kids because of the repetitive nature of the booklets. This is good for pre-readers and those learning to read individual words.
How to Assemble Your Bug Numbers Mini Book
1. Print out your booklet page. Each page is a separate mini book, so you can decide whether to print them all out at once or to just print them as you need them. (On the plus side, the whole mini book is printed on just one side of the paper. So you don’t even need to figure out duplex printing.)
2. Fold the page to make your number book. Using the dotted lines as your guide, fold the book in half horizontally. Then, using the dotted lines again, fold the book in half vertically.
3. Have students color all of the pictures and trace the words on each page of their mini book.
The My Numbers Mini Books printable set is free for personal or single classroom use, exclusively for Early Learning Zone email subscribers.
You may not sell, publish, or host this printable on any other website or email this document to anyone. This includes that you may not upload it to another website for people to download (Google Drive, Scribd, etc.).
Download the Insect-themed “My Numbers Mini Books” Printable Set
As I mentioned above, the mini book printable set is free for current and new email subscribers.
If you are already an email subscriber, please use the email address that you are already subscribed using. This will tell the system to send the download link to your email inbox. (You won’t be subscribed again.)
If you are not an email subscriber and want to subscribe, fill in your name (optional) and email address. You will receive an email with the download information. You can unsubscribe at any time. (But, hopefully, you’ll want to stick around for all of the free printables and resources!)
Fill out this form if you are a current or new subscriber and want to receive the packet as a free gift:
Other Free Math Printables You’ll Love
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. This doesn’t change the price you pay. However, when you shop through them, we may receive a small compensation.