Easy Homemade Blackberry Jam is a post from contributing writer Alison of Alison’s Wonderland Recipes:
Oh, blackberries. I can’t help but love them. That rich, darkly sweet juice just speaks to my soul. Part of me is convinced I was a blackberry in another life.
I fell in love with the flavor after my first taste of blackberry tea as a kid. Since then, I’ve been known to scarf more than my fair share of blackberry flavored things: yogurt, ice cream, soda, cocktails, and of course, blackberry jam.
This particular blackberry jam recipe is my favorite because it’s so easy to make and uses no sugar. All the sweetness comes from honey, so it’s super healthy. Jam on, blackberry lovers!
Related Reading: Fresh and Easy Homemade Whipped Strawberry Butter Recipe
Easy Homemade Blackberry Jam Recipe
- 1 lb blackberries
- ¾ cup honey
- 3 tbsp blackberry wine (any semi-sweet or semi-dry red variety should work)
- 1 tbsp water
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- a dash of lemon juice
- Combine all your ingredients in a medium saucepan. Heat on high until the mix begins to boil.
- As soon as it starts to boil, set the heat to low and allow the mix to simmer for 1 hour and 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Turn off the heat and let the jam cool completely (about 30 minutes). You don't want to stir it while it cools, because this is when it's gelling.
- Add to toast, ice cream, linzer cookies, or anything you think would be improved by a little blackberry jam goodness!
To store, simply place in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
To make a seedless version, strain the blackberries before you add them to the saucepan. Be aware that you’ll need about twice as many blackberries if going seedless.
Of course, this same recipe works for most aggregate berries, so feel free to whip up some jam with raspberries, boysenberries, or even mixed berries!
What’s your favorite way to use jam?
I like to pipe mine into homemade doughnuts!
Other Recipes You’ll Love:
Join 25,000+ Other Awesome People
Subscribe to the Real Life at Home weekly newsletter to get our latest content, exclusive free printables, learning activities, and ideas for celebrating with your kids all year