With winter on its way out, and spring coming in, it seemed like a perfect time to enjoy a springtime-inspired sweet popcorn mix. This mix is not only a delicious snack, but the colorful elements of this sweet mix are a fun pastel homage to this new season.
Tastiness and pastel colors aside, another thing that I love about this sweet popcorn mix is how quickly it can be put together while still looking (and tasting) like a special treat.
Our schedule has been so busy lately, as always, but I loved how excited my kids were over a treat that took such a short amount of time to throw together. For real, just check out how awesomely tasty this Sweet Spring Popcorn Mix looks:
Sweet Spring Popcorn Mix Recipe
- 8 cups of popcorn (or approximately this much – you can really do more or less, this is a flexible recipe)
- 12 oz – 16 oz vanilla/white candy melts
- Pastel Sixlets candies
- Pastel Spring nonpareils
- Pastel Sprinkles – Micro Spring Mix
- Butter (optional)
- Salt (optional)
1. Prepare your popcorn by whatever method you prefer. I have an air popper at my house, and I used it to pop 1/2 cup of popcorn kernels for this recipe.
2. Depending on your popcorn preparation and personal preferences, you might want to add melted butter and/or salt to your popcorn after it is prepared. Because my popcorn was plain (and air popped) and I like some saltiness with sweetness, I added both some melted butter and a little bit of salt to my popcorn.
3. Lay all of your popcorn out on waxed or parchment paper. Sort through your popcorn to make sure to remove all unpopped kernels.
4. Pour melted candy melts over your popcorn.
5. Before your candy melts have had a chance to harden onto the popcorn, add your pastel Sixlets and both kinds of sprinkles/decorations.
6. Allow the candy melts to harden on the sweet popcorn mix.
7. Break apart larger pieces of the sweet popcorn mix before storing in an air tight container.
While it’s tasty to enjoy sweet treats in moderation, it can also mean extra sugar acid on your teeth. Of course, even your everyday foods contain sugar acids – not just sweets. One excellent way to fight again sugar acids is Aquafresh® Multi Action Toothpaste.
Aquafresh® Multi Action has not only been specially formulated to give you all-around cavity protection that lasts. It comes with Sugar Acid Protection, provided by active fluoride, to strengthen and shield teeth against sugar acid attack from everyday foods and drinks, the key cause of cavities.
Aquafresh® Multi Action Whitening includes six key benefits in one great tasting toothpaste with Sugar Acid Protection: cavity protection, healthy gums*, great taste, pure fresh breath, whitening (when you brush with it twice a day), and enamel strengthening. Sweet treats are fantastic, but great oral health is even better!
*with twice daily brushing
Join 17,000+ Other Awesome People
Subscribe to the Real Life at Home weekly newsletter to get our latest content, exclusive free printables, learning activities, and ideas for celebrating with your kids all year