Add some fun to your fall language arts lessons with these free printable fall word list activities for kids. This Fall Fun with Word Packet is perfect for 1st – 3rd grade, though other ages may work as well. Just grab the free printables and get ready to add some autumn word fun to your days!
Free Printable Fun Fall Word List Activities
This Fun with Fall Words packet is a great way to work on language arts activities in a fun way while using fall themes. The 14-page packet has cute fall pictures to go along with a variety of word puzzles and activities. The packet includes both color and black and white pages as well as answer keys.
You and your kids or students will love these no prep language arts activities! They are fun while also working on problem solving, brainstorming, compound words, and more.
This printable packet is perfect for using anytime during autumn as an English/Language Arts activity, for fun, for a fall party activity, or to have on hand for early finishers.
Age and Grade Levels for the Fall Word List Activity Pages
The Fall Fun with Words Packet is great for students in 1st – 3rd grade. However, keeping in mind that many students have different needs and abilities, some pages may be too difficult for some first graders. Some pages may also be perfect for students in 4th – 5th grade.
This packet is available for free, so you can just use the pages that are perfect for your children or students.
How to Grab and Print The Fun with Fall: Fall Word List Games and Activities Printable Set
If you have any printing issues, I have some tips here that can help with a variety of issues that sometimes pop up because of different web browsers or updates.
I recommend printing this packet on regular white printer paper, as there are several pages where kids can color some of the pictures. There are also color versions of the pages, if you want color graphics. However, every page in this packet is available in black and white, which should help with printing costs.
What’s Included in The Fall Fun with Words: Fall Word List Activities Packet?
Pages and activities included in the free fall language arts printable packet:
- Packet cover page
- Answer Key Pages – This includes answer keys for three of the activity pages that have specific answers
- Unscramble Fall Words Pages – This page appears in both black and white and color. Students will unscramble 20 words to form 10 compound words.
- Fall Words Crack the Code Pages – Use the fall-themed picture code to figure out the fall words on the page. This page is available in both black and white and color.
- Fall is Fantastic Word Brainstorming – This page, available in black and white and in color, has the phrase “Fall is Fantastic” at the top and lines below for students to write as many words as they can make from letters found in that phrase.
- Fall Alphabet Challenge – Students will brainstorm to see if they can think of a fall-related word for each letter of the alphabet. (Available in black and white and color.)
- Fall Word Find – Also available in both black and white and color, this fall word find has 12 fall-themed words to find.
More English and Language Arts Printables and Activities
If you’re looking for more language arts and English printables and activities, you’ll want to check out some of these:
- Sand Tray Writing Activity with 24 Apple Cards with CVC Words – This is a great set for preschool and kindergarten to work on consonant-vowel-consonant words
- I Am Thankful Printable Writing Activity – Wonderful to use around Thanksgiving or any time of year!
- Prepositions Worksheets Packet – Free eight page packet for working on prepositions
- What is an Adverb? (Free Adverb Worksheet) – Get some practice on recognizing adverbs with this free adverb worksheet.
- Three Little Pigs Worksheets and Activities Packet – Enjoy a free eight page packet for this fairy tale
English and Language Arts Activities and Resources
- If you’re teaching writing, here are Tips for Teaching Cursive Writing (and Why You Should Consider Teaching It First).
- There are a variety of reasons that kids can struggle with reading, so we have 10 Tips for Parents to Help a Struggling Reader.
- Here are tips and a printable for Teaching Young Readers to Summarize.
- If you want ideas for Making Books in Your Classroom or Homeschool, we have lots of them for you!
Before you access the printable, please know that grabbing your copy means you agree to all of the following terms:
- This packet is for personal family use or single classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be shared, sold, hosted, distributed, or stored on any other website including, but not limited to, school/church websites, other blogs, Scribd, Google Drive, DropBox, Facebook, etc. (You may, however, store it in your personal Google Drive or DropBox if you are the only person with access to it.)
- You may not change this packet, copy it as your own, or claim this as your own.
- All graphics in this packet have been purchased and used with permission. You may not use the graphics for other projects.
- All materials (posts, printables, etc) on this site are copyright protected.
Get the Fall Fun with Words Printable Pages
The Fall Fun with Words Printable Set is a free packet available to Real Life at Home email subscribers:
If you’re a new or current subscriber, just fill out the form that the link above takes you to and watch your inbox for your download link.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliates links. They do not change the price you pay. However, when you shop through them, we may receive a small compensation.