Using inexpensive materials, children can make these cute and easy pom pom ornaments. These simple ornaments are lovely to add to your Christmas tree or they can be used as gifts. This is also a great fine motor skills activity for children!
It can be so much fun for kids to be able to see ornaments that they made on the tree. It’s also nice for kids to be able to make Christmas ornaments to give as gifts. This craft is an easy and affordable option to meet both of those needs!
I love how easy this pom pom ornaments craft is for kids to make, while also being super cute and eye-catching. This craft is great for making with a larger group of children as well.
Easy Pom Pom Ornaments Craft for Kids
Supplies for the Pom Pom Ornaments Craft
- Clear plastic ornaments (see my suggestions below)
- Craft Pom Poms (The pictures show sparkly craft pom poms; Here are Christmas-colored craft pom poms)
Here are my suggestions for clear plastic ornaments for crafts:
This is a great style of clear plastic ornament. It has an opening on the top for dropping in the pom poms. That makes it nice because then you don’t have a seam around the whole ornament.
However, here is an alternate style of clear plastic ornament that splits in two. It can be filled more quickly, but there is a seam around the whole ornament.
Directions for Making These Easy Pom Pom Christmas Ornaments
These little ornaments are super easy to make! It hardly needs instructions, but I’ll offer up some anyway.
1. First, grab however many clear plastic ornaments that you want to make. You can use glass, but if you’re doing these pom pom ornaments with children, plastic would be a far better option.
2. Begin filling your clear ornaments with the craft poms poms. We had a mix of large and small craft pom poms.
3. Close your pom pom ornaments and get them ready to hang on the tree or give as gifts.
This is a great fine motor exercise for younger children and they love filling up the ornaments. (Here are more resources for fine motor skill practice, including a free printable Christmas-themed fine motor skills practice packet.)
Have fun choosing your pom pom colors! You can pick colors that match a particular theme, such as your favorite sports team, to match the ornaments on your Christmas tree, or you can just use a fun mix of random colors.
Helpful Links for Gifts Kids Can Make
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. They don’t change the price you pay. However, when you shop through the links, we may receive a small compensation.