Last year my children made these cute Christmas ornaments out of dominoes. I followed the directions posted here at Raising Olives with very few modifications. This was a fun and easy craft, and I think they turned out well.
- dominoes (I bought the least expensive set of 28 from Wal Mart)
- Zips ( a glue product, I found it at Hobby Lobby–it is a roll of a long, thin rope of glue)
- colored 1/4″ wide ribbon, 15″ per domino
- scrapbooking-type stamps ( the stamp needs to be smaller than the domino)
- permanent colored markers
- permanent ink for the stamps (make sure you have black)
- Cut the ribbon into 15″ lengths
- Carefully stamp the design onto the non-dotted side of the domino.
- Let the ink dry.
- Color in the stamped design using the permanent markers. You can also free hand extra designs.
- Let the marker dry.
- Adhere a length of Zips around the edge of the domino.
- Stick the ribbon to the Zips glue, making sure you leave equal amounts of ribbon extending to the top of the domino. The domino ornament may be stamped either horizontally or vertically.
- Tie a double knot in the top of the ribbon.
Here are some of the domino ornaments we made. We packaged each domino in a clear bag with colorful tissue and candy, and my children gave them to their friends as gifts.
Roan is the not-so-craftsy mama to 5 children. She blogs about her homeschool, her family, and her life in general at her personal blog, Joyful Always.
Need more holiday inspiration? Check out the other bloggers participating in the 5 Days of Christmas Series:
A Slob Comes Clean – Getting Your Home Company Ready
Feels Like Home – Christmas Traditions
Somewhat Crunchy – Christmas with Dairy Allergies
Spell Outloud – Children’s Books
Mama’s Learning Corner – Children’s Crafts
Many Little Blessings – Edible Gifts
Sunflower Schoolhouse – Decorations
An Oregon Cottage – Christmas Cookies
Catholic Icing – Wishing Jesus Happy Birthday
The Traveling Praters – Traveling
The Homeschool Classroom – Gifts Kids Can Make
Mama’s Laundry Talk – Laundry Gifts
Join 18,000+ Other Awesome People
Subscribe to the Real Life at Home weekly newsletter to get our latest content, exclusive free printables, learning activities, and ideas for celebrating with your kids all year