Easy Shamrock Wreath Craft for Kids with Printable Shamrock Template Post Preview: Follow through the step-by-step directions and pictures to create your own Saint Patrick’s Day Shamrock Wreath using the free printable template.
Holidays are always a fun reason to create some art. Since Saint Patrick’s Day is coming up, we’re going to work on a Shamrock Wreath Paper Craft. I like that this project allows kids to have some choices in the look of their finished project. Plus, it also works on fine motor skills. Bonus!
Oh, and another great bonus with this project? You don’t have to feel pressure to draw a shamrock. I have a free printable template for the Shamrock Wreath!
- Homemade Shamrock Pretzel Pops – A Fun Easy Snack for Saint Patrick’s Day
- Saint Patrick’s Day Finger Painting Activity (with Free Printable)
- Saint Patrick’s Day Mini Books – Free Printable Emergent Readers
- Holy Trinity Shamrock Coloring Page Printable
- Saint Patrick’s Day Resources for Toddlers, Preschoolers, and Kindergarten Students
Easy Shamrock Wreath Craft for Kids with Printable Shamrock Template
This Saint Patrick’s Day craft is easily made using the free printable shamrock template and just a few inexpensive materials. Since the Shamrock Wreath is such an inexpensive craft, it lends itself perfectly for doing with a whole class or with just one child.
Because this craft is a shamrock (three-leaf clover), instead of a four leaf clover, it is also a great craft to do when learning about the Trinity. Saint Patrick used the three-leaf clover to teach about the Holy Trinity when he was a missionary in Ireland.
Shamrock Paper Craft Supplies
- Construction paper or tissue paper, in shades of green or whatever colors you prefer – even a rainbow of colors!
- Craft glue or hot glue
- Shamrock template printable
Shamrock Wreath Paper Craft Instructions
1. Select any colored cardstock for the base of your shamrock wreath. Print and cut out the shamrock wreath pattern from the free printable template download.
Trace the template onto your cardstock and cut it out. Conversely, you can print the template directly onto the cardstock and then cut it out.
2. Get out your green colored construction or tissue papers (or use whatever colors you want) and cut them into small square pieces, approximately 1 inch by 1 inch. They don’t have to be perfectly square.
You can save time by getting this package of tissue paper that is already cut into squares.
3. Take one of your green paper squares and crumple it into a small ball shape.
4. Repeat step three with all of your paper squares.
5. Begin adding the crumpled paper balls onto your shamrock wreath base. You can use craft glue, hot glue, or your favorite adhesive to attach them securely.
6. Mix different shades of green crumpled paper balls while gluing and filling the wreath.
7. Continue to glue the crumpled paper balls until the entire wreath is filled.
Once the wreath base is completely filled, attach some way to hang it on the back side or a piece of yarn or string through the middle to complete the wreath.
The shamrock template is free for personal and classroom use.
If you use a lot of free printables from Real Life at Home, you might consider making a small donation to help us continue to offer all these freebies.
Shamrock Template Download
In case you’re used to watching for printable downloads toward the end of a post here on Real Life at Home, I wanted to have a separate section for the template download.
If you haven’t grabbed the shamrock template earlier in the post, here is your shamrock template download.
More Saint Patrick’s Day Printables and Projects
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. Using them doesn’t change the price you pay. However, when you shop through our links, we may receive a small compensation.
Join 27,000+ Other Awesome People
Subscribe to the Real Life at Home weekly newsletter to get our latest content, exclusive free printables, learning activities, and ideas for celebrating with your kids all year