Easy Easter Craft for Kids: Easter Egg Paper Craft with Free Template Post Preview: Follow through the step-by-step directions and pictures to create your own super cute Easter Egg craft using the free printable egg template and crumpled papers.
Not that you need an excuse to work on an art project, but holidays are always a fun reason to create some art. Since Easter is coming up, we’re going to work on an Easter Egg Paper Craft.
I always love art that allows kids (and adults!) to have some choices in the look of their finished project, and this one fits the bill. Plus, it also works on fine motor skills. Bonus!
Oh, and want to hear another great bonus of this project? You don’t have to feel pressure to draw a nice egg shape. I have a free printable template for the Easter Egg Paper Craft!
- Decorative Easter Egg Coloring Page for Kids and Adults
- How to Make Homemade Natural Easter Egg Dyes
- ABC Order Cut and Paste Worksheet: The Resurrection of Christ
- Easy Easter Basket Craft for Kids (with Free Printable Cutout Template)
Easy Easter Craft for Kids: Easter Egg Paper Craft with Free Template
This Easter paper craft is easily made using the free printable easter egg template and just a few inexpensive materials. Since the Easter Egg Paper Craft is such an inexpensive craft, it lends itself perfectly for doing with a whole class or with just one child.
Easter Egg Paper Craft Supplies
- Construction paper or tissue paper, in pastels, bold colors, or whatever colors you prefer – even a whole rainbow of colors!
- Craft glue or hot glue
- Easter Egg template printable
Easter Egg Paper Craft Instructions
1. Select any colored cardstock for the base of your Easter Egg paper craft project. Print and cut out the Easter Egg pattern from the free printable template download.
Pick which of the two sizes of eggs you want to create. Trace that template onto your cardstock and cut it out. Conversely, you can print the template directly onto your cardstock, if your printer can handle cardstock, and then cut it out.
2. Get out your colored construction or tissue papers (or use whatever colors you want) and cut them into small square pieces, approximately 1 inch or 1.5 inches. They don’t have to be perfectly square.
Important Time-Saving Note: You can save time by getting this package of tissue paper that is already cut into squares.
3. Take one of your paper squares and crumple it into a small ball shape. Repeat with the rest of your papers.
4. Begin adding the crumpled paper balls onto your Easter Egg base. You can use craft glue, hot glue, or your favorite adhesive to attach them securely.
5. Continue to glue the crumpled paper balls until the entire Easter Egg is filled. You can place the colors randomly, in lines, or in another pattern.
6. Once your egg is filled, your Easter Egg paper craft is complete! You can hang it up or glue it to another paper.
If you glue it to a paper, you can even create another Easter egg with a different design and add it to the paper as well.
Easter Egg Paper Craft Video
The Easter egg template is free for personal and classroom use.
If you use a lot of free printables from Real Life at Home, you might consider making a small donation to help us continue to offer all these freebies.
Easter Egg Template Download
In case you’re used to watching for printable downloads toward the end of a post here on Real Life at Home, I wanted to have a separate section for the template download.
If you haven’t grabbed the Easter Egg template earlier in the post, here is your Easter Egg template download.
More Easter Printables and Projects
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. Using them doesn’t change the price you pay. However, when you shop through our links, we may receive a small compensation.
Easter Egg Coloring Book
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter and receive 13-page Easter Egg Coloring Book as a free gift