How to Plan Your Homeschool Year is a post from Jen from Forever, For Always, No Matter What:
Picking curriculum is the fun part of getting ready for a new homeschool year. The planning part can be a little bit more overwhelming. The value of the upfront time and energy spent, is that your school year will flow more smoothly and you will feel more organized. It’s good to have a plan in place before the year starts.
Where to start, where to begin? Just do it!
Jumping in and getting started is half the battle.
Simplified Plan for How to Plan Your Homeschool Year:
1. Familiarize yourself with your curriculum. Don’t wait until the last minute, you can’t plan what you don’t know!
2. Pick a start date and an end date.
3. Pick a date to have portfolios or any reporting submitted to the county/state, if needed.
4. Block off known vacation times and holidays.
6. Add lessons or other extra curricular activities that happen through the week.
7. Gather your curriculum, pick a subject and dig in!
When you are finished with your major planning, then you can go back and add in fun days to spice up the week like National Donut Day (it’s the first Friday in June – awesome donut pan) or National Popcorn Day (January 19th).
The point is you have your framework complete and then you can customize your schedule for your own family. It’s truly what makes homeschooling in your house unique!
For more planning inspiration:
Do you have your planning done yet for the coming year?
Other Posts You’ll Love:
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. They don’t change the price you pay, and we may receive a small compensation if you make a purchase. Thanks!