Easy Coconut Pumpkin Hot Chocolate Recipe Post Preview: Enjoy the taste of fall and a dairy-free hot chocolate option when you make this quick and easy seasonal hot chocolate recipe.
One of the things I love about fall is the abundance of pumpkin flavored things. Just when you think there couldn’t possibly be more pumpkin spice, you find another item made uniquely fall with the addition of pumpkin.
I will fully admit that I may have had the date that Starbucks was going to start serving pumpkin spice drinks recorded on my calendar. But, then I had to back down on the number of pumps of pumpkin sauce after I had it for the first time this year. It was way sweeter than I remembered it. (I don’t drink coffee, but have it in chai tea instead.)
To celebrate this pumpkin time of year, I’m sharing a quick and easy recipe with you today for Coconut Pumpkin Hot Chocolate.
Related Recipes to Try:
- Hot Cocoa Bar: How to Make an Easy Hot Chocolate Buffet
- Quick and Easy Homemade White Hot Chocolate Recipe
- Nutella Hot Chocolate Recipe
- Homemade Cinnamon Caramel Hot Chocolate
Quick and Easy Coconut Pumpkin Hot Chocolate Recipe
This recipe for coconut pumpkin hot chocolate comes together very quickly and is a snap to make.
If you prefer, you may use regular milk instead of coconut milk. If you use coconut milk, however, it is both dairy-free and vegan. You know, if you’re going for that. Or, perhaps you just like the taste of coconut.
As someone who tries to just do a small amount of dairy (or dairy-free) as much as possible, it’s handy to skip the milk. Plus, I like coconut. However, my family would prefer it with regular milk.
Kids in the kitchen rating:
This is such an easy recipe to throw together that it’s perfect for having kids make it. However, when it gets to the stovetop portion, an adult should be present at all times. (Unless, of course, your kids are old enough and skilled enough to use the stove without supervision.)
Please note: There is a printable version of the recipe toward the end of the post.
How to Make an Easy Coconut Pumpkin Hot Chocolate
Coconut Pumpkin Hot Chocolate Ingredients
1 – 13.5oz can of coconut milk (see important notes below)
⅓ cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
¼ cup of coconut sugar (or regular granulated sugar)
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
½ teaspoon cinnamon
⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
Note: You can put the can of coconut milk in the refrigerator overnight, which can make the hot chocolate creamier.
Second Note: Using the can of coconut milk may make this a thicker hot chocolate. If you prefer, you can use regular milk or your favorite non-dairy milk substitute to either thin the recipe or instead of the canned coconut milk.
1. Pour your coconut milk into a small saucepan.
2. Add all other ingredients, whisking to combine.
3. Simmer over low heat for about 10 minutes, whisking occasionally.
4. Add more regular milk or a dairy-free alternative to thin the mixture, if desired.
5. Pour into mugs when desired temperature and consistency has been reached.
Optional: Serve with mini marshmallows or whipped cream. If serving with whipped cream, consider adding a sprinkling of fresh cinnamon or nutmeg to the top.
Printable Coconut Pumpkin Hot Chocolate Recipe
Easy Coconut Pumpkin Hot Chocolate Recipe
- 13.5 oz can of coconut milk see notes below
- ⅓ cup pumpkin puree not pumpkin pie filling
- ¼ cup of coconut sugar or regular granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
- Pour your coconut milk into a small saucepan.
- Add all other ingredients, whisking to combine.
- Simmer over low heat for about 10 minutes, whisking occasionally.
- Add more regular milk or a dairy-free alternative to thin the mixture, if desired.
- Pour into mugs when desired temperature and consistency has been reached.
- (Optional) Serve with mini marshmallows or whipped cream. If serving with whipped cream, consider adding a sprinkling of fresh cinnamon or nutmeg to the top.
Second Note: Using the can of coconut milk is going to make this a thicker hot chocolate. If you prefer, you can use regular milk or your favorite non-dairy milk substitute to either thin the recipe or instead of the canned coconut milk.
Other Recipes You May Love
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. They don’t change the price you pay. However, when you shop through them, we may receive a small compensation.
Join 35,000+ Other Awesome People
Subscribe to the Real Life at Home weekly newsletter to get our latest content, exclusive free printables, learning activities, and ideas for celebrating with your kids all year