I have a bit of a Pinterest addiction. It wouldn’t be so bad, but I’m not doing nearly as many things as I’m pinning. One recipe (with many variations) that I’ve seen several times is Nutella Hot Chocolate. I think I had to stop myself from pinning it multiple times. I like hot chocolate, and I like Nutella, so in theory – this should be great.
One night, Molly (who loves Nutella more than anyone else in the family) said that she wanted hot chocolate, and I offered to make her and I Nutella hot chocolate instead. Yum!
I have seen a variety of recipes for this, so I just did some combining.
Nutella Hot Chocolate
- 2 - 5 Tablespoons Nutella For us, five was too sweet, but you can just adjust for yourself. We thought 3 - 4 was pretty perfect.
- 2 cups Milk
- A pinch or two of Cocoa Powder Optional and only if you use less Nutella
- Just add all of the ingredients into a saucepan and whisk until well mixed.
- Heat to desired temperature (and continue to whisk, as needed).
- If desired, top with whipped cream and/or sprinkles.
- Serve immediately or allow time to cool slightly.
One time, while heating the hot chocolate, I turned my head for a minute while it was already getting warm and it frothed up and almost "boiled" over the pan. Keep your eye on it. On the upside, that will also save you from ninjas sneaking up and taking it while you're not looking.
Looking for more recipes? Check out the Real Life at Home Recipe Index!
Join 35,000+ Other Awesome People
Subscribe to the Real Life at Home weekly newsletter to get our latest content, exclusive free printables, learning activities, and ideas for celebrating with your kids all year