The following is a post from contributing writer Rob @ Art for Kids!
There’s a lot of free turkey cutout ideas on the internet, but I couldn’t find any that were 3d. So, I decided to make one. I tried to keep this super simple for little kids, but still fun for the “older kid.” Shhhh, I won’t tell anyone if you put one together also.
- Printed turkey cutout
- Tape or glue
- Crayons, colored pencils, or markers
Turkey Cutout Step By Step
1. Download and print the turkey cutout. I made a couple prints on different colors, so I could cutout the appropriate parts in their respective color. But, to keep things much more simple for kids just use regular white paper, and let them color it before cutting out.
2. Cut out all the parts of the turkey.
3. First assemble the body shape, be sure to fold on the dotted lines.
4. Next tape or glue the wings to each side of the body.
5. Glue or tape feet to the bottom of the body piece.
6. Next attach the head piece to the body. I left the bottom of the head piece free, making it easier to attach the tail in the next step.
7. Last, add the tail. I layered the tail with three copies to make it more colorful. Again, for a much easier project simply let your kids color a white tail with crayons or markers.
That’s it! This last picture shows the turkey in plain white, it’s still pretty fun right? Let your kids go nuts and color it as crazy as they want!
Download and Print
To download and print this turkey cutout, click the image below then right click to save.
Rob and his kids can be found at Art for Kids!
They love art, and love sharing it with others. To them, doing art together is the best part of every day.