3D Turkey Cutout Downloadable Art Project is a guest post from Rob @ Art for Kids Hub!
There’s a lot of free turkey cutout ideas on the internet, but I couldn’t find any that were 3d. So, I decided to make one. I tried to keep this super simple for little kids, but still fun for the “older kid.” Shhhh, I won’t tell anyone if you put one together also.
Turkey Cutout Step By Step
1. Download and print the turkey cutout. I made a couple prints on different colors, so I could cutout the appropriate parts in their respective color. But, to keep things much more simple for kids just use regular white paper, and let them color it before cutting out.
2. Cut out all the parts of the turkey.
3. First assemble the body shape, be sure to fold on the dotted lines.
4. Next tape or glue the wings to each side of the body.
5. Glue or tape feet to the bottom of the body piece.
6. Next attach the head piece to the body. I left the bottom of the head piece free, making it easier to attach the tail in the next step.
7. Last, add the tail. I layered the tail with three copies to make it more colorful. Again, for a much easier project simply let your kids color a white tail with crayons or markers.
That’s it! This last picture shows the turkey in plain white, it’s still pretty fun, right? Let your kids go nuts and color it as crazy as they want!
Here’s a variation on this project when using white paper – a 3D Thankful Turkey Project, where kids can write about things they are thankful for.
Download and Print
To download and print this turkey cutout, click the image below then right click to save.
Want to try another turkey craft?
Try out our folded paper turkey craft with step-by-step directions, pictures, and a free printable template.
Or you can make this Easy Paper Bag Turkey that also has step-by-step directions, pictures, and a free printable template.
Other Posts and Printables You’ll Love:
This post was originally published on November 16, 2012. It was last updated on November 3, 2016.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. They don’t change the price you pay, and the site may receive a small compensation when you shop through the links. Bonus!
Join 25,000+ Other Awesome People
Subscribe to the Real Life at Home weekly newsletter to get our latest content, exclusive free printables, learning activities, and ideas for celebrating with your kids all year