The following post is from Lauren of Mama’s Learning Corner:
This easy broccoli salad recipe has been a favorite of mine for well over 10 years. Typically, I am not a fan of anything with mayonnaise, but this broccoli salad is the exception.
While this easy broccoli salad recipe makes the perfect summer side dish to take to a pot luck, it also makes a delicious side for a pot roast that has simmered in the crock pot all day.
Easy Broccoli Salad Recipe
This recipe is extremely versatile in that you can add more of the ingredients you like and decrease or eliminate those of which you aren’t fond.
You could exchange the golden raisins for dried cranberries, or exchange the sunflower seeds for chopped pecans.
The possibilities are endless!
Note: This salad is best when allowed to chill in the refrigerator 12-24 hours before eating.
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- ½ small red onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup golden raisins
- ¾ mayonnaise
- ½ cup white sugar
- 7 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- In a large bowl, toss together broccoli, red onion, sunflower seeds, and golden raisins.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, sugar, and red wine vinegar to create the dressing.
- Toss the dressing with the broccoli mixture to coat thoroughly.
- Cover the bowl tightly and chill in the refrigerator for 6-24 hours.
|Lauren Hill is a happy wife and homeschooling mama to 4 little people, ages 8 to 3. In her spare time (ha!) she creates worksheets and printables for Pre-K to 2nd Graders on a variety of topics. You can follow Lauren and download all of her latest printable goodies by following her on Google + and Pinterest, where she pins daily!|
Join 18,000+ Other Awesome People
Subscribe to the Real Life at Home weekly newsletter to get our latest content, exclusive free printables, learning activities, and ideas for celebrating with your kids all year