The days can be dark and cold, the shopping list long, and your mood overwhelmed and agitated. Ah – the beauty (or not so much) of Advent. In an effort to add more family activities to Advent, I have a free printable set of 60+ Advent activity cards. These are also perfect as DIY Advent calendar activities.
Free DIY Advent Calendar Activities: 60+ Advent Activity Cards
What This Set Includes
The DIY Advent Calendar Activities / Advent Activity Cards set is a 10 page printable. (That’s all in one document.) It includes 60 cards that each contain a family activity idea to do during Advent (or just December, if you prefer). There are also 12 blank decorative cards for you to add in some of your own ideas for Advent activities!
You can see the cards in the pictures on this post, but some examples of family Advent activities on the cards include:
- Make Christmas Cookies or Treats
- Stay Up Late, Drink Hot Chocolate, and Tell Stories
- Make an Ornament for Your Christmas Tree
- Collect Food and Donate to a Local Food Bank or Family in Need
- Write a Christmas Wish and Hang it on Your Tree
Seriously – just reading these makes me feel warm, cozy, and ready for meaningful family time together.
Oh, and I know that I kind of already mentioned this, but I wanted to be sure that you know that you can get the Advent Activity Cards free! Bonus!
I know that I often include religious activities in these types of printables, but this one doesn’t really have specifically religious activities on it. Since it includes 12 blanks cards, however, you could add in some of your own religious activities.
Need ideas for religious Advent activities for your family or just want to have your family Advent activities on one sheet of paper? You could check out the Fun and Meaninful Family Activities in December Printable or the 10 Activities to Prepare Your Family for Christmas Printable.
How to Use the Advent Activity Cards (including a DIY Advent Calendar Idea)
This free set of Advent activity cards would be perfect to use in several different ways with your family.
First things first, you’re going to want to print out all of the pages, cut out the cards, and add some of your own on the blank cards (if you want). I recommend printing these on white cardstock.
Three Ideas for Using Your Advent Activity Cards:
1. Toss all of the cards into a basket and randomly pick out cards throughout Advent to decide what your family will do next.
2. Pick out your favorite cards so that you have just enough for one for each day of Advent. Write a count down of numbers on the back of each card. Then, either put them in order in a filing box, small basket, or hanging them on a string with clothes pins. Do one card as a family each day as Christmas gets closer.
3. Let your family see all of the cards and pick out the next thing to do as a group. Sometimes you can do a couple activities in a day, if you want to try to get through them all in one Advent season.
This download is free for subscribers (or for a very small fee for those that don’t want to subscribe) for personal, classroom, and small group use.
This set cannot be sold, published, or hosted on other websites. (Example: an individual or church may not upload the file onto their website for others to download there.) If you want to pass along the printable though, please feel free to share a link to this post with others.
Using the printable means you agree to the terms. Thanks!
Download Your DIY Advent Calendar Activities: 60+ Advent Activity Cards Printable Set
You have two options for getting the Advent Activity Cards Printable Set:
- You can get it free as an email subscriber (sign up in the box below) – You can unsubscribe at any time. However, we hope you’ll stick around for more awesome free printables and activities for kids and families
- You can purchase it for just $2 (or $4 if you will be using it for large group/multiple classrooms/whole parish use)
Set of 60+ Advent Activity Cards
Subscribe to the Real Life at Home Weekly Email List and Receive the Advent Activity Cards for free
Other Posts and Printables You May Love:
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. They don’t change the price you pay. However, when you shop through them, we may receive a small compensation.
Join 15,000+ Other Awesome People
Subscribe to the Real Life at Home weekly newsletter to get our latest content, exclusive free printables, learning activities, and ideas for celebrating with your family all year