I can’t believe that Eric and I have been making Catholic Printables Packets for two years now! This St. Francis of Assisi Packet was the first one we created. A lot has changed about the way Eric draws the saints, how I color them (back then, he did that), and the kinds of things that I put in the packets. It seemed like the perfect time to update this packet, which has now gone from a 14 page packet to a 43 page packet!
Even before we were Catholic, St. Francis’ feast day was an important one to me. It was on St. Francis’ feast day one year that I was in labor at a local hospital that is owned by Franciscan sisters. At the height of the pain of my labor, one of the Sisters came over the PA system to pray and then shared about St. Francis and read the Prayer of St. Francis. I remember being in tears, both from the pain and from an overwhelming sense of comfort in the words.
One change that I added was to offer many of the pages that were only in color before to now be available in black and white as well, in order to save money on printing and give kids extra coloring areas.
The appropriate ages for the packet varies a bit. I always hate to assign an age group to these kinds of things because there is such a variation among children. Some of the activities will be preschool appropriate, while others might go as high as mid-elementary school.
Before I tell you about the packet, I have to send a huge shout out to my awesome husband, Eric. He hand drew the Saint Francis clip art that I used in the packet. (As such, this is not clip art for public use, of course. That would be against copyright law, and would just not be nice.)
The St. Francis of Assisi Printables Packet Includes
- Saint Francis of Assisi Word Search in Color (and Solution)
- St. Francis Word Search in Black and White
- Hidden Message Activity with a quote from St. Francis that goes along with the word search pages
- Saint Francis of Assisi Maze (and Solution) – two versions of the maze (one black and white, one color)
- Two St. Francis of Assisi Coloring Pages
- Facts about Saint Francis Page (for kids to fill out)
- “Saint Francis, Pray for Us” Handwriting Page with coloring area (two versions: cursive, printing)
- “Saint Francis” Handwriting Page with coloring area (two versions: cursive, printing)
- Church and St. Francis – “Francis, Go Rebuild My Church” Coloring Page
- Prayer of St. Francis (mini poster/handout)
- Two Handwriting Pages (printing) with part of the Prayer of St. Francis
- Two Language Arts/Art Pages that involve cutting and pasting sentences, writing a copy of the sentence, and illustrating them
- Saint Francis of Assisi Crack the Code Page using a letters and numbers code to find a quote by St. Francis
- St. Francis Alphabetical Order Page (one regular version and one version for beginners)
- Handwriting pages with three quotes from St. Francis on them (each in two versions: cursive and printing)
- St. Francis facts fill in the blank page in two versions (with and without a word bank)
- St. Francis of Assisi Facts Booklet on five pages (making a 10 page booklet about St. Francis of Assisi and his life, since pages are half sheets)
- St. Francis of Assisi and Friends mini booklet (eight pages with coloring areas and writing sections with St. Francis of Assisi and animals)
- A Venn Diagram page comparing St. Francis of Assisi and “Me” (the student)
- A Venn Diagram page comparing St. Francis of Assisi and Pope Francis
Family and Single Classroom Use: If you are buying this to use with your family or with a single classroom (or small group), please choose the personal use option, which is $3.75.
Multiple Classroom and Large Group Use: If you are planning to use this packet with multiple classrooms (within one school), a church program, or other large group settings (which is more than a classroom worth of children), please choose the large group/multiple classroom option, which is $7.00. By paying this extra amount, you help to make it possible for me to continue offering packets like this.
Post continues after this brief information about a monthly membership to help you live the liturgical year
Monthly Liturgical Membership
Books for Kids about Saint Francis of Assisi to Extend the Learning and Activities:
Other Catholic Printables You’ll Love:
This Saint Francis of Assisi Printables Packet post was originally published on September 24, 2014. Both the post and packet were updated in September 2016.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. They don’t change how much you pay, but we may receive a small compensation for you purchasing through those links. Thanks!
Join 40,000+ Other Awesome People
Subscribe to the Real Life at Home weekly newsletter to get our latest content, exclusive free printables, learning activities, and ideas for celebrating with your kids all year