With my own children in third, seventh, and eighth grade, it’s been a long time since we were working on shapes that didn’t involve talking about their angles or include things like trapezoids and parallelograms. While these are fun years I’m living in now, creating this basic shape worksheet packet was very enjoyable to me and reminded me of working on these with my kids.
This worksheet packet has a variety of skills all surrounding four basic shapes: square, circle, triangle, and rectangle. Although these are basic skills, some children may enjoy some of the pages while others may be too easy or too hard for them. Just use what works best for your family.
Included in this free downloadable five page packet on shapes:
- Shape Match – one page worksheet where the child will draw a line between like shapes
- Shape Tracing – one page of dotted line shapes to trace
- Shape Names – one page tracing the names of the shapes
- Shape Find – one page coloring activity where the child colors all of the squares one color, all of the circles another color, and so on
- Shape Patterns – one page activity to find a pattern and draw the next shape in the pattern
If you are having clarity issues with the printable, please right click on the image and choose “Save Link As” and download the document to your computer. Then, open it from your computer, rather than through your web browser’s PDF viewer.
Thanks for downloading this packet. Be sure to let me know if you have any special requests for future packets or printables!
|Angie, a domestically challenged nerd, can be found writing at Many Little Blessings about all of the things that catch her attention between loads of laundry. She is also the founder of The Homeschool Classroom, Catholic Printables Online, and Catholic Mothers Online. Angie also listens to music every chance she gets, writes eBooks, loves Pinterest, begrudgingly uses Google+, and occasionally sleeps.|
Join 30,000+ Other Awesome People
Subscribe to the Real Life at Home weekly newsletter to get our latest content, exclusive free printables, learning activities, and ideas for celebrating with your kids all year