Inside this post: This four ingredient easy crab dip recipe is perfect for parties and gatherings, especially since it can be made the night before the event!
I used to long for parties just so I could eat this delicious crab dip that my Mom would make from time to time for various get-togethers. I actually suspect that she started making it more often because I would often request it. She’s a swell mom like that.
Then, there were a few times that I had to take a dish somewhere and bought all of the ingredients and took them to my Mom’s house so that she would make it for me. I know, it’s shameful.
Do you know what makes it worse though? This is a crazy easy recipe. I just didn’t realize how easy it was until my Mom was out of town when I wanted to take it to a party that I was invited to. She told me how to make it, and I felt a little silly that I kept having her make it for me. So, learn from my laziness and know that this is most definitely an easy recipe.
Three more bonuses about this quick and easy crab dip recipe:
1. Not only can it be made ahead of time, but it’s actually better when it’s made ahead of time to really let the flavors meld together.
2. I have taken this to a lot of get-togethers and it has been very well received every single time.
3. There are only four ingredients!
Quick and Easy Crab Dip Recipe
There is a printable version of the recipe toward the end of this post.
Crab Dip Ingredients
- 1.5 pounds of imitation crab
- 16 oz reduced fat sour cream
- 1 package green onions, diced (use as many or as few as you like)
- Dill weed (use to taste, though I would recommend using liberally)
Easy Crab Dip Directions
1. Cut up imitation crab. The more you can cut it up, the better, as it will allow the flavors to cover more surface area.
2. Add sour cream into crab and stir to combine.
3. Add diced green onions and dill weed to crab mixture.
4. Refrigerate. It is best if this can be refrigerated overnight, or at least for several hours.
(Scroll to end of the post get a printable version of the recipe)
Other Recipes You May Love:
Quick and Easy Crab Dip Printable Recipe
- 1.5 pounds imitation crab
- 16 oz reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 package green onions, diced (use as many as is your preference)
- Dill weed (again, this is to taste, but use it liberally)
- Cut up imitation crab. The more you can cut it up, the better, as it will allow the flavors to cover more surface area.
- Add sour cream into crab and stir to combine.
- Add diced green onions and dill weed to crab mixture.
- Refrigerate. (It is best if this can be refrigerated overnight, or at least for several hours.)
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. They don’t change the price you pay. However, when you shop through the links, we may receive a small compensation. Thanks!
Post originally published in March 2010. Post updated in November 2017.