(Looking for Top Ten Tuesday and not sure why this is a list of 20 items? Check out last week’s post to learn about the changes to Top Ten Tuesday, which is now List it Tuesday.)
I’ve written before about my love of fall. And, despite it forcing me into a sometimes desperate need for sinus medication and the neti pot, I’ll just keep loving it.
I know you’re no good for me, fall, but you had me at pumpkin.
20 Reasons to Love Fall
1. The weather eventually starts to cool down.
2. Clothes like jeans, sweaters, cardigans, and boots can be worn again.
3. All of the beautiful colors on the leaves.
4. The crunchiness of the leaves once they fall.
5. The birthdays of many people I love, including one in our very own house.
6. Pumpkin flavored everything.
7. The weather is cool enough to go on long walks or bike rides comfortably.
8. Spending Thanksgiving with my family.
9. The crisp, cool nights, especially when they’re filled with stars.
10. Our new tradition of taking an annual camping trip during the fall. (Okay, it’s not as much camping as it is staying at a rustic cabin in a state park. But, that’s as close as we get to camping.)
11. Apple picking with the kids.
12. We’re past the back to school time feel and have gotten into more of a routine.
13. Fall festivals and craft shows.
14. It gets cool enough that I can sometimes get hot drinks at Starbucks instead of iced ones.
15. Windy weather. You know, not scary windy — that’s not fun. Just the fun windy kind of weather.
16. All of the new and returning television shows. This year I’m not as excited about new ones, but I’ll be excited to see some of our favorites return.
17. Advent starts toward the end of fall and we get to start gearing up for Christmas.
18. Christmas shopping.
19. Watching Molly collect acorn caps and use them as berets for her Littlest Pet Shop pets.
20. There’s one night where we gain an extra hour of sleep.
So, what about you? What do you love about fall?
Don’t forget: two people who link up this week will win one of two $20 Amazon gift codes. Your post must be a list post of some length in order to go in the drawing.
If you are a subscriber by RSS feed or email, you will need to come to the website to share a link to your list post (of any length) or visit the other people that have linked up.
‘); // ]]>
Join 10,000+ Other Awesome People
Subscribe to the Real Life at Home weekly newsletter to get our latest content, exclusive free printables, learning activities, and ideas for celebrating with your family all year