Seven years ago tonight, I was having a hard time getting to sleep. I knew that the next morning, I would be headed to the hospital bright and early to give birth to our daughter, Molly. (And what an interesting delivery that ended up being!)
In honor of the seventh birthday of our baby girl, I thought I would share ten reasons why we’re pretty crazy about Molly:
1. She loves her family and friends. Oh yeah, sure, she may have been heard this weekend to have yelled at one of her brothers, “You better confess your sins to God” when she didn’t get her way. (Whew!) But, really — she loves us a lot, and she’s pretty darn devoted to all of her friends too!
2. Her unique fashion sense. I wish I had the moxie to be able to wear some of the things she throws together from her closet.
3. No, seriously — who else gets away with a black “I (heart) Robots” t-shirt and a plaid skirt?
4. She’s adventurous. Of all three children, she was definitely the first to plunge her hand into the water at the zoo to pet a dog shark.
5. She’s Graceful. Not to live through my daughter, but I have to admit that I always wanted a daughter who would take ballet. I just love it!
6. She’s Strong. While she is all girly girl, she is one strong girl. (Not only in physical strength, but in will as well. And, when those two combine, it looks like a few weeks ago when she literally climbed all the way up her Dad to get away from some medicine.)
7. She’s a Giver. If Molly wants you to know that she likes you or she appreciates something you’ve done or she just wants to brighten your day, she will find or make a gift to give to you.
8. She’s Creative. She would be happy to do arts and crafts all day long. When nobody will do them with her, she’s just figure it all out herself. I am often surprised at the art work that she creates.
9. She’ll Try New Things. After two children who are skittish to try new things, Molly is just the change of pace that we needed. It’s fun to have at least one person who will try sushi or hold a chicken without much hesitation.
Look at that determination on her face as she was taking her first solo ride past our house…
10. She loves God and her Church.
This post is linked to Top Ten Tuesday.
Join 18,000+ Other Awesome People
Subscribe to the Real Life at Home weekly newsletter to get our latest content, exclusive free printables, learning activities, and ideas for celebrating with your kids all year