The following post is from Becky of Milo & Oats:
As a busy homeschooling mom of five, I am constantly looking for ways to simplify our routine. This is particularly true when it comes to mealtimes. I don’t know about you, but sometimes I feel like I am always in the kitchen! That’s why a little meal planning and preparation goes a long way toward keeping my sanity. A happy and nourished family is a pretty great thing too!
One of our favorite breakfasts to have on hand is this Big Batch Coconut Oil Granola.
Here is what I love about it:
- It makes a BIG batch. As my kids grow (and eat more!), I am learning to adjust my recipes accordingly. Plus, this granola stores beautifully.
- It is a great base for toppings! My kids love it plain with a little almond milk. Mama likes to dress hers up. My bowl looks a little different every time. Dried fruit. Fresh fruit. Chia seeds. Shredded coconut. Chopped almonds. The possibilities are endless!
- It is budget-friendly. Granola made from scratch is much more frugal than store-bought. Bonus: it’s healthier too!
This granola makes a perfect breakfast or snack. It’s also delicious in a fruit and yogurt parfait. You really can’t go wrong with this delicious recipe!
- 12 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup honey
- 1¼ cup coconut oil
- ¾ cup almond butter (or your favorite nut or seed butter)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
- Line two jelly roll pans with foil.
- Pour rolled oats into a large bowl.
- In a microwave safe bowl heat honey, coconut oil, and almond butter for 1-2 minutes on high.
- Whisk until well blended. Then whisk in vanilla.
- Pour coconut oil mixture over oats and stir until coated well.
- Spread the granola mixture evenly into the two pans.
- Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Cool. Store in an airtight container.
- Enjoy with your favorite toppings!
I hope you enjoy this simple and tasty granola as much as I do. What is your favorite way to eat granola? I’d love to know!
|Becky is a wife and homeschool mom to five incredible kids. She loves chocolate, books, and baking allergy-friendly treats for her family. Becky is the blogger behind Milo & Oats and loves chatting about everything from parenting to curriculum hoarding to what’s for dinner. Connect with Becky on Facebook and Pinterest.|