The following post is from Becky of Milo & Oats:
As a busy homeschooling mom of five, I am constantly looking for ways to simplify our routine. This is particularly true when it comes to mealtimes. I don’t know about you, but sometimes I feel like I am always in the kitchen! That’s why a little meal planning and preparation goes a long way toward keeping my sanity. A happy and nourished family is a pretty great thing too!
One of our favorite breakfasts to have on hand is this Big Batch Coconut Oil Granola.
Here is what I love about it:
- It makes a BIG batch. As my kids grow (and eat more!), I am learning to adjust my recipes accordingly. Plus, this granola stores beautifully.
- It is a great base for toppings! My kids love it plain with a little almond milk. Mama likes to dress hers up. My bowl looks a little different every time. Dried fruit. Fresh fruit. Chia seeds. Shredded coconut. Chopped almonds. The possibilities are endless!
- It is budget-friendly. Granola made from scratch is much more frugal than store-bought. Bonus: it’s healthier too!
This granola makes a perfect breakfast or snack. It’s also delicious in a fruit and yogurt parfait. You really can’t go wrong with this delicious recipe!
Big Batch Coconut Oil Granola
- 12 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup honey
- 1 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 3/4 cup almond butter or your favorite nut or seed butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
- Line two jelly roll pans with foil.
- Pour rolled oats into a large bowl.
- In a microwave safe bowl heat honey, coconut oil, and almond butter for 1-2 minutes on high.
- Whisk until well blended. Then whisk in vanilla.
- Pour coconut oil mixture over oats and stir until coated well.
- Spread the granola mixture evenly into the two pans.
- Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Cool. Store in an airtight container.
- Enjoy with your favorite toppings!
I hope you enjoy this simple and tasty granola as much as I do. What is your favorite way to eat granola? I’d love to know!
|Becky is a wife and homeschool mom to five incredible kids. She loves chocolate, books, and baking allergy-friendly treats for her family. Becky is the blogger behind Milo & Oats and loves chatting about everything from parenting to curriculum hoarding to what’s for dinner. Connect with Becky on Facebook and Pinterest.|
Join 35,000+ Other Awesome People
Subscribe to the Real Life at Home weekly newsletter to get our latest content, exclusive free printables, learning activities, and ideas for celebrating with your kids all year