A Note From Angie
It is not often that I have guest posts here. But, today is one that I never expected that I would have here. A guest post by Eric! It all came to pass after I got mad about an action he did each time he and my Dad were beating my Mom and I at a round of cards. Later I said, in jest, that he should write my next top ten post with reasons that he loves me, including such wonderful things as, “She can go from calm to freaked out in about a second.”
He surprised me, however, the next day with an actual written post. I normally wouldn’t want to put up something so complimentary (and clearly misguided by the blinding love that he has for me), but I know that writing is not his activity of choice, so it meant a lot that he wrote it. Plus, he clearly worked hard typing Angie to refer to me instead of Angela, since that’s what he calls me. (I was very touched, by the way. Just so you don’t think that I didn’t appreciate it.)
Ten reasons that I love my wife (by Eric)
So the other evening, Angie and I were talking and she mentioned that I should write a guest post for her blog about 10 reasons I love her. Of course at the time she may have been challenging me to even be able to come up with these reasons, but my memory is a little foggy on that one. Well, I started rattling off reasons and some were lame and some were good and some we can’t repeat here and some were just downright silly.
The evening went on and the thought sort of left my mind (the thought of writing this post, not the reasons I love my wife, mind you). The next morning I worked for a while on homework while the kids played and Ang got some extra sleep. As the morning progressed, I knew I had to mow the yard and so I went out to do this task. Mowing time for me is a good time for thinking and so the conversation from the other evening crept back into my mind as I walked back and forth behind the mower.
After almost 2 hours of mowing and trimming, I had spent most of this time thinking about just this subject and so I will now try my best to articulate something that I can safely say I not really good at doing. These items are in no particular order as it is the whole person I love not just a particular piece or part.
1. I love her because she keeps my mind active and interested. Angie, if you are not aware by reading this blog, is a pretty smart cookie. There is a magnet on our refrigerator that says “I married a nerd before nerds were cool”. She bought it and says it is for me but I beg to differ. She is an amazing brilliant woman with a very quick wit and a great sense of humor.
2. I love her because she is a genuine, caring individual. Some people you will meet in your life you can sort of see through them and you can tell pretty quickly that they think very highly of themselves. Nothing could be farther from the truth with Angie. She has a huge heart and she puts so many others ahead of herself.
3. I love her because she makes me laugh and makes me feel safe. I am pretty shy and fairly insecure in myself most of the time, but Angie has always seen more in me. She knows me and knows how to say or do the right thing to make me feel safe and secure.
4. I love her because she always pushes me to be the man God meant for me to be. Sure, I don’t necessarily like it when she mentions something I have done wrong or keeps at me to finish my homework for school, but I know in the back of my mind that she is right and that she only does it because she cares for me. Without her encouragement and support, I would not be half the man I am today.
5. I love her because she will go to any length to love and care for our children. Some people may not know but not only does Angie have a degree in Elementary education but after our oldest son was born and was later was diagnosed with Asperger’s Syndrome (High Functioning Autism), Angie decided to go back to school for a Masters in Special Education. Sure it was good for her if she wanted a better job in the teaching field but mostly it was because of our son. She wanted to make sure she would always be the best advocate for him. I can safely say that she has excelled at this role over the years.
6. I love her because she has taken on the challenge of homeschooling our children for the past 3+ years, and she has done so with such care and thought. She puts a lot of time and effort into the time she spends with our kids and she makes sure that all three of them are challenged
7. I love her because she knows who she is and she is not afraid to let it show. Most anyone who meets Angie can see the things I have mentioned above pretty easily. She does not hide behind any mask or fake persona. When you are with Angie what you see is what you get.
8. I love her because she is an artist and a free spirit. She takes on creative endeavors with gusto even if she has no idea what she is really getting in to. She is not afraid to try new things. She is naturally talented and she definitely has a way with both electronic and conventional art.
9. I love her because she is not a girly girl. Do not get me wrong her Angie is a beautiful woman (okay, so I can’t let that one go without comment. You know how they say love is blind? Clearly it is. – ed. note) and she likes clothes and shoes but she is not afraid to “break a nail” She is never afraid to get in and get dirty. I am an interesting combination of engineer / mechanic / computer geek / red-neck. I grew up fixing things and taking everything I could get my hands on apart. Angie has dealt with this well and she is always willing to pitch in and help me out with a project around the house.
10. I love her because she brought me to God and helped me to come to know the joy of His love. She has always pulled our family towards Him and she is the one who keeps us pointed in His direction.
Angie is a gift from God. She has brought me more joy and happiness than I deserve. I know that I will never be able to repay her for all that she has done for me or given me. I only hope that this small post might begin to show my love for my wife. I love you with all my heart, Angie.
(I cannot even express how uncomfortable it is for me to post these things on my blog. They are definitely things I don’t see in myself, but I appreciate that he does. However, I figured if it’s fair game for me to do a top ten about him, then it’s only fair to give him equal time.)
This post is linked to Top Ten Tuesday.