The following post is from Christy of Eclectic Momma:
I love decorating for Valentine’s Day. We have a great time when we pull out the craft supplies and the heart cookie cutters. Easy and fun are the key words when it comes to our projects. Hanging homemade decorations in our windows helps spread the “love” to our neighbors, too.
Here are a few craft and decoration ideas for you to join in the fun and spread a little “love” around:
31 Valentine Crafts for you and your kids A great round-up of a wide variety of crafts and decorations.
20 Valentine Crafts Crafts for kids from babies/toddlers to school age.
Paper Heart Garland Cute and easy!
Andy Warhol Inspired Valentine:
- Divide white paper into 4 even sections.
- Trace a heart in the middle of each rectangle.
- Paint heart and square two complimentary colors.
- Let dry.
- Then using acrylic paint, dip side of each hand and print heart in each rectangle.
Cookie Cutter Heart Art This is a great craft for preschoolers!
“I Love You” Necklace:
- Trace your child’s hand.
- Cut out and glue the two middle fingers over a ribbon or string measured to fit your child’s neck.
- The finished hand will be the sign language sign for “I Love You!”
Heart Garland Make this cute garland to hang in your windows out of all those old magazines you’ve got lying around!
- Cut hearts out of scrap fabric
- Use mod podge onto rocks for a cute table decoration.
Do you have any favorite Valentine’s Day crafts and decorations? Feel free to share them with me in the comments!
Happy Valentine’s Day
|Christy blogs about life and homeschooling at Eclectic Momma. You can also follow her on Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter.|
Join 15,000+ Other Awesome People
Subscribe to the Real Life at Home weekly newsletter to get our latest content, exclusive free printables, learning activities, and ideas for celebrating with your family all year