We’ve had taco salad a few times lately, and I decided to snap a picture during one of those meals. (Check out the princess napkin. It’s because I’m special like that.)
I had this taco salad for the first time when we made it for a women’s retreat at church. I wasn’t so sure about some of the ingredients, and neither were the other people on my team that was preparing it. However, one of our team members was insistent that this would be delicious. When we all finally tried it, we loved it too! And now, I don’t want to eat taco salad without having coconut flakes and walnuts with it.
Taco Salad with a Twist
- Rice Can use brown or white -- I use brown
- Fritos or Tortilla Chips
- Ground Beef browned
- Shredded Cheese
- Lettuce Spinach, or Other Greens of Your Preference
- Black Olives
- Jalapeno or Sweet Peppers
- Sour Cream
- Coconut Flakes
- Prepare ground beef prior to your meal. Add in a packet of taco seasoning and follow directions. However, instead of water, use tomato juice.
- Prepare all other ingredients and set them up in a buffet line.
- Allow everyone to assemble their own plates.
- Enjoy! the rest as you want.
Join 35,000+ Other Awesome People
Subscribe to the Real Life at Home weekly newsletter to get our latest content, exclusive free printables, learning activities, and ideas for celebrating with your kids all year