I read about them in a magazine called Christmas Cookies and they were billed as a cookie to make with your kids, since they used premade cookie dough. I will note that making these following these directions was a bit messy, but the kids did enjoy helping.
Super Duper Chocolate Kiss Cookies
- 16.5 oz package of refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ⅔ cup cup chocolate-flavored sprinkles
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 40 Hershey's kisses, unwrapped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large Ziploc bag, combine the cookie dough and cocoa powder. Seal the bag and knead it with your hands until the dough is well mixed. (Note: These bags are going to get seriously messy inside, and it may be difficult to get everything out. If you are not making these with kids, I would not necessarily put them in the baggie. But, if you are, the baggie is a great way to have the kids help.)
- Put chocolate sprinkles in a shallow bowl, and then the milk in another shallow bowl.
- Remove the dough from the plastic baggie and start forming them into 1-inch balls.
- Dip the balls in the milk, just to moisten them, and then roll them in the sprinkles.
- Place these balls two inches apart on a lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for approximately eight minutes, or until the edges are firm.
- Immediately press a Hershey's kiss into the center of each cookie. Transfer the cookies onto a wire rack and let cool.
Join 15,000+ Other Awesome People
Subscribe to the Real Life at Home weekly newsletter to get our latest content, exclusive free printables, learning activities, and ideas for celebrating with your family all year