Easy and Inexpensive Rosary Craft for Kids is a post by Tina of Kidz Activities.
October is the Month of the Rosary, although every time of year is wonderful for this easy rosary craft! This inexpensive and easy rosary craft for preschoolers and elementary students uses just pipe cleaners and beads. These two materials have been our favorite craft items recently.
Not only is this rosary craft a fun and engaging activity, but it also strengthens a young child’s fine motor skills. This craft can also help young children practice to counting to 10. (Make sure to be careful with young children and small pieces like these beads, however!)
Most importantly, this craft serves as a concrete introduction to the rosary and our love for Our Mother Mary. It’s a simple way to help preschoolers understand the basic parts of a decade in the rosary.
Easy Rosary Craft for Kids
Supplies you need:
How to make your pipe cleaner Rosary:
1. Encourage your child to thread 10 beads through a pipe cleaner. These beads are the 10 Hail Mary beads. Make sure the beads are positioned at the center of the pipe cleaner.
2. Twist 2 ends of the pipe cleaner, just right after the point where the beads end.
3. Align both pipe cleaner ends. Then insert another bead through both both ends. This bead is for the Our Father and Glory Be part of the rosary. It is preferable that this bead is a different color or size to distinguish it from the 10 Hail Mary beads.
4. Start creating the cross:
- Thread 2 beads through both pipe cleaner ends. These 2 beads should be a different color from the Our Father/Glory Be bead.
- Take one pipe cleaner end and bend it to the left. Then bend it to the right. At this point, you would have created the horizontal part of the cross.
- Thread 1-2 beads through the horizontal pipe cleaner.
- Thread 3 beads through the bottom half of the vertical pipe cleaner.
- Optional: If you are using beads with big holes, such as pony beads, slightly bend the ends of the pipe cleaners to prevent the beads from falling out.
This Rosary Craft is a wonderful activity to reinforce the month of the rosary to young kids. We hope you enjoy making them, just as much as we did.
Other Posts You’ll Love:
Receive the Mysteries of the Rosary Draw and Write packet for free when you subscribe to one of Real Life at Home’s emailing list! There is even a list specifically only for Catholic Printables and Activities!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. Using them doesn’t change the price you pay, but the writer of this post and/or the site may receive a small compensation. Thank you!
Join 25,000+ Other Awesome People
Subscribe to the Real Life at Home weekly newsletter to get our latest content, exclusive free printables, learning activities, and ideas for celebrating with your kids all year