Thanks to cucumber sandwiches, I had a beautiful platter of food to take along with me with just about 15 minutes (or less) worth of effort. As a matter of fact, when everyone saw that I brought cucumber sandwiches, they all acted like I had brought something quite fancy along. (I didn’t admit to slapping them together as I was almost literally running out the door.)
For a quick, but lovely, addition to summer get together, this was my simple “recipe” for cucumber sandwiches:
Quick and Easy Party Recipe: Cucumber Sandwiches
- 1 loaf Pepperidge Farm Very Thin White or Wheat Bread
- 1 - 1½ tubs Philadelphia Garden Vegetable Cream Cheese
- 1 Large cucumber
- Peel and slice cucumber.
- Apply a layer of cream cheese to all slices of bread. (Having cream cheese on each slice of bread helps to avoid the bread getting soggy from the cucumber.)
- Put cucumbers on one slice of bread (for each sandwich). I usually do four slices per sandwich. You'll then put on piece of bread on top that has only cream cheese on it. (So, each sandwich has four cucumber slices, for example.)
- Slice the sandwiches in triangles, because that's a rule with cucumber sandwiches, right?
- Display on a pretty plate, and be prepared to have your friends ask if they need to hold up a pinkie finger while they eat.
What are some of your quick and easy things to put together if you have to dash out the door at the last minute?
photo by Alex Mahan
Join 30,000+ Other Awesome People
Subscribe to the Real Life at Home weekly newsletter to get our latest content, exclusive free printables, learning activities, and ideas for celebrating with your kids all year