One of my favorite quick breads to make is lemon poppy seed bread. I got this recipe from my Mom, who received it from someone else. So, I’m not sure of the source, but this bread is easy to make and has a moist consistency and delicious flavor.
Lemon Poppy Seed Bread
- 1 package lemon cake mix (my Mom has noted "not Pillsbury" though I'm not really sure why, so feel free to just make note of that)
- 1 small instant lemon pudding
- 1 cup boiling water
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup cooking oil (like vegetable or Canola)
- ¼ cup poppy seeds
- Mix all ingredients together until well blended. Make sure to add the eggs last and one at a time while mixing well. (Because of the boiling water, you don't want to take the chance that it may "cook" the eggs some.)
- Add mixture to greased loaf pans. (Three small loaf pans or two larger ones)
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 35 minutes. (You know your oven best. Just make sure to check the bread for a toothpick to come out mostly clean.)
This is a fabulous bread to make when you have to take something to a potluck or other type of gathering, especially if you’re pressed for time. Of course, you’ll still need time to bake it, but it just throws together so fast (and is so delicious) that it makes it a perfect choice for a quick and easy dish to take and share.
Join 18,000+ Other Awesome People
Subscribe to the Real Life at Home weekly newsletter to get our latest content, exclusive free printables, learning activities, and ideas for celebrating with your kids all year