When I was recently looking for a gluten free option for coating chicken before baking it, I could only find one option in the store. I was excited when I was asked by Van’s Simply Delicious® to create a recipe that either paired well with or actually used their gluten free crackers. It didn’t take long before I thought of my gluten free coated chicken problem and came up with this Gluten Free Crunchy Cheese Crusted Chicken.
My first stop to make this Gluten Free Crunchy Cheese Crusted Chicken recipe happen was Target. I found the Van’s Simply Delicious® Gluten Free Whole Grain Crackers in the cracker aisle. (Hey now – I see what you’re thinking. Don’t mock me. Gluten free options are sometimes only in specific areas at other stores. So, I thought it was worth mentioning.)
Right now, Target has a Cartwheel offer for 30% off on Van’s Simply Delicious® Crackers. That means it’s a great time to go and stock up on all of your favorites or to try some varieties that are new to you.
Now, let’s talk about this Gluten Free Crunchy Cheese Crusted Chicken. This is such a delicious and easy recipe. I especially love that for a busy evening!
I also love that Van’s Simply Delicious® Crackers contain whole grains and fresh, simple ingredients. That way, I can still give my family that cheesy crunch on the chicken. However, I can do it knowing that it contains wholesome ingredients.
Gluten Free Crunchy Cheese Crusted Chicken
Gluten Free Crunchy Cheese Crusted Chicken Ingredients
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 1 box of Van’s Simply Delicious® Say Cheese! Gluten Free Crackers
- 6 thin-sliced boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Note: You may have to adjust the amount of eggs, milk, and crackers that you need based on how many chicken breasts you will be preparing. I shared the amount we used for our family to eat dinner and to allow my husband to have leftovers for lunch.
Gluten Free Crunchy Cheese Crusted Chicken Directions
1. Add one box of Van’s Simply Delicious® Say Cheese! Gluten Free Crackers to your food processor. Pulse the crackers until they are a crumbly texture. I went for a consistency that contained some cracker “dust” and some very small pieces. Set aside.
If you do not have a food processor, you can put small amounts of the crackers in a plastic baggie and crush them with a rolling pin until you have crushed enough crackers.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
3. Cover a cookie sheet (with sides) with aluminum foil and then coat that with cooking spray.
If you want to skip the aluminum foil, you can. However, we like the quick clean up that this can offer.
4. Add your eggs and milk to a shallow bowl. Whisk the mixture until it is smooth.
5. Put your cracker coating into a second shallow bowl.
6. Dip a chicken breast into the egg mixture, making sure to get it on both sides.
7. Move the chicken breast into the cracker coating dish. Cover both sides completely, and place the chicken on your prepared cookie sheet.
8. Repeat for all chicken breasts.
9. Bake Gluten Free Crunchy Cheese Crusted Chicken for 25 – 30 minutes at 350 degrees. Make sure that the chicken has an internal temperature of 165 degrees before serving.
More Flavor Options for Your Gluten Free Crusted Chicken
Now, here’s the cool thing about all of this. Not only do the Van’s Simply Delicious® Say Cheese! Crackers make an excellent coating for chicken (plus they’re great for snacking on their own), but if you want other coating flavors for your gluten free coated chicken, Van’s Simply Delicious® also has other flavors of gluten free crackers.
In addition to the Van’s Simply Delicious® Say Cheese! Crackers, there is also Van’s Simply Delicious® Perfect 10 Crackers, Van’s Simply Delicious® Fire Roasted Veggie Crackers, and Van’s Simply Delicious® Lots of Everything Crackers.
Don’t forget to visit Target and use the current Cartwheel offer for 30% off your Van’s Simply Delicious® Gluten Free Whole Grain Crackers!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Van’s Foods. The opinions and text are all mine.
Join 10,000+ Other Awesome People
Subscribe to the Real Life at Home weekly newsletter to get our latest content, exclusive free printables, learning activities, and ideas for celebrating with your family all year