Do you have a guy on your holiday shopping list this year with a geeky outlook on life? I have a least one, and you probably might too. Geeky guys come in all ages and all levels and types of geekiness. Keep in mind, I say this with a lot of nerdy-geeky love in my heart.
Here are some ideas to start you thinking about gift ideas for them:
3. DVD Set – Your geeky guy just might have a favorite set of movies or a certain show he loves. This can be tricky, because some of those geeky guys just have to own the sets right when they come out. But, if you’re sure he doesn’t, this can make a perfect gift. This really depends on your guy, but he might like something like Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Firefly, Superman, or Smallville.
4. Remote Control Helicopter – There are lots of cool remote control items, but I especially love the remote control helicopters. This can possibly, of course, appeal to geeks of all ages. Poor Eric had one, but the kids managed to break it. I told him he has to be more careful about who he lends his toys out to.
5. Math and Science Cups and Bowls – I found this awesome shop on Etsy that has items that made me geek out. My favorites? A bowl with the Pythagorean Theorem and a cup with a caffeine molecule.
6. An E-Reader – If your geeky guy loves to read, then an e-reader might be something he would love. Our personal favorite in our house is the Kindle. (The special offers option is really not a big, and I don’t mind it at all. It was definitely worth getting it on mine as a way to save a bit of money.) Now, if your favorite geek doesn’t have an e-reader and he’s someone you want to spend a bit of money on, the new Kindle Fire is an amazing option. (Of course, if you really want to spend a lot of money, you could wow him with an iPad 2, and he could read his books on that.)
7. Camera Lenses for the iPhone – If your geek loves gadgets and takes pictures with his iPhone, he may think this is a hoot. (I know – this seems crazy. But, I just happen to have a photography geek friend that has at least one lens for his iPhone.)
8. Instant Camera – Another gift for the photo geek, these Fuji Instax cameras are just kitschy cool and fun. These would be a hoot for your photo geek at a party or just around town.
9. Guns and Rockets – Okay, so not real guns and rockets. I’m talking Nerf Guns and Stomp Rockets. We have had a ridiculously good time with these items. From family warfare to seeing if we can get a stomp rocket all the way over our house. Awesome geeky fun!
10. Lego Rosary – If your favorite geek happens to be Catholic (like some of my favorite geeky guys are), then a Lego Rosary can be a fun way to celebrate both their faith and their geekiness at the same time.
What have been some of the favorite gifts that you’ve given to the geeky guys in your life?
This post contains a whole smattering of affiliate links. It doesn’t cost you anything extra to buy through the links, but it helps to keep our household of geeks in books and Legos.
Join 25,000+ Other Awesome People
Subscribe to the Real Life at Home weekly newsletter to get our latest content, exclusive free printables, learning activities, and ideas for celebrating with your kids all year