Easy Easter Basket Craft for Kids (Free Printable Cutout Template) is a post from contributing writer Rob @ Art for Kids Hub!
I can’t believe Easter is already here! My little kids wanted Easter baskets and we haven’t had two seconds to even think about it. So, I decided to make a simple Easter basket cutout for them to make their own Easter basket craft.
- Easy Easter Egg Paper Craft for Kids with Free Printable Template
- Free Decorative Easter Egg Coloring Page for Kids and Adults
Easy Easter Basket Craft for Kids (Free Printable Cutout Template)
Materials for the Easter Basket Craft
- Glue or Tape (Scotch Tape or Double-sided Tape)
- Markers, crayons, or colored pencils
- Easter basket cutout template (free printable found below)
Related Reading: Top Ten Quality Art Supplies to Have at Home for Your Kids
Easy Easter Basket Craft Step By Step Directions
1. Print the free download and cut out all the pieces. We printed the download on white, green, and brown construction paper.
If you’d like to conserve paper or just want to allow the kids more of a chance to decorate the project, print it once on white paper and have your kids color the grass, eggs, and basket.
2. Fold all the dotted lines on the basket piece.
3. Put a small dab of glue (or use tape) on each of the basket tabs.
4. Fold the basket together to make a box, and press the glued tabs down to hold it in place.
5. Next, glue the grass and press it to the inside of the basket.
6. Then decorate the egg with crayons, markers, or colored pencils.
7. Next, fold the bottom of the egg, add glue and press it to the bottom of the basket.
8. Then put a small amount of glue on both ends of the basket handle.
9. Finally, press the basket handle onto the ends of the basket and your done. That’s it!
Side note: For fun, fill the basket (around the egg) with small Easter candies.
Here is a quick video tutorial for the Easter basket craft as well (only five minutes long and made by Angie), in case you want to see it in action:
Download the Free Printable Easter Basket Craft Template
Click the image below to get the Easter basket cutout printable.
Other Fun Projects You May Love
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. They don’t change the price you pay. However, when you shop through them, we may receive a small compensation.
Easy Easter Basket Craft for Kids was originally published on March 25, 2013. It was most recently updated and a video tutorial added in March 2018.
Join 35,000+ Other Awesome People
Subscribe to the Real Life at Home weekly newsletter to get our latest content, exclusive free printables, learning activities, and ideas for celebrating with your kids all year