Have preschoolers in your house that love dinosaurs? You’re going to need dinosaur books, along with easy dinosaur crafts for preschoolers and fun dinosaur printables. Here’s a list of my favorite resources for little dinosaur fans.
Dinosaur Books and Dinosaur Crafts for Preschoolers
My kids have been reading Jane Yolen for years. We LOVE her dinosaur series. The story lines make my children laugh, plus we all love examining the illustrations to find the hidden dinosaur names. These books are always a treat.
Talking about dinosaur eggs is a great way to talk about dinosaurs as reptiles. Even more fun can be to hatch some of your own “dinosaur eggs.” Here are some very cool dinosaur crafts and activities for kids that involve hatching dinosaur eggs:
- Baking soda dinosaur egg activity from STEAM Powered Family
- Frozen dinosaur egg excavation activity from Little Bins for Little Hands
- Dinosaur Egg Bath Bombs from My Joy-Filled Life
- Frozen Dinosaur Eggs from The Kennedy Adventures
- Play Dough Dinosaur Eggs from School Time Snippets
2. Dino Soccer
Have young athletes in your house? This dinosaur sports series includes dino baseball, football, soccer and more!
Working on counting skills? Delight your preschoolers with this prehistoric tale. Bright colors and action words keep little ones entertained while learning.
Here are some great dinosaur printables that work on counting:
- Dinosaur Counting Dominoes Printables from Simple Fun for Kids
- Clothespin Dinosaur Counting Tray from School Time Snippets
- Dinosaur Feet Muffin Tin Counting Activity and Printables from JDaniel4’s Mom
What does a little boy do when a hungry T.Rex threatens to eat him? You’ll find out in this delightful tale. This is a great resource for helping children overcome fears.
To help scare away your fears, you’ve got to have the right feet! Save your tissue boxes and upcycle them into these scary dinosaur feet.
You can stop by some of these sites for dinosaur printables to add to your dinosaur crafts and books study:
- Dinosaur Matching Game Printables from Simple Fun for Kids
- Dinosaur Do-a-Dot Printables from Living Montessori Now
- Printable Dinosaur Masks from Mother Natured
- Dinosaur Fun Printable Pack from Look! We’re Learning
- Montessori-Inspired Printables for Dinosaur Language Activities from Living Montessori Now
Simple, bright illustrations with a fun theme will keep your smaller children engaged while your older preschoolers learn. This series from Bob Shea pits a dinosaur against bedtime, the dreaded potty and even Santa! My kids love chiming in with “Roar, Roar, ROAR!”
Ready to create your own dinosaur? Don’t miss this sensory dinosaur craft from Gummy Lump for some hands on fun. If your children don’t like getting their hands messy, you could try dinosaur puzzles instead.
6. Dino Pets
Need something to pass the time while you’re waiting in line? This free dinosaur book is perfect. Simply download, laminate the pages, add a binder ring, and stick it in your purse or diaper bag. Instant fun!
If you’re a homeschooling mother or classroom teacher, you’ve probably came across gems from Gail Gibbons during your unit studies. Her books have been a wealth of information from which my children learn. Her Dinosaurs book is a treat — don’t miss Dinosaur Discoveries for dinosaur history.
A young boy dreams he is a dinosaur, meeting friends such as Toby Pterodactyl and Hilary Hadrosaur. Wonder what happens when he meets hungry Rex the Wrecker?
If you want to spend some time pretending to be a dinosaur, a dinosaur sensory play area is the perfect solution! Here are some very cool ideas for dinosaur-themed sensory play:
- Dinosaur Garden from Mama in the Now
- Outdoor Dinosaur Sensory Bin (with Free Printables) from The Kennedy Adventures
- Dinosaur Swamp Sensory Play from Learning and Exploring through Play
- Dinosaur Dig Activity from Rainy Day Mum
Some stores hand out stickers, while others may dole out bubble gum to customers. In this story, each purchase means you bring home a DINOSAUR! My boys giggled with every page.
Keep the fun going with these dinosaur crafts and dinosaur art activities:
- 3D Dinosaur Craft for Kids from The Joy of Boys
- Handprint Dinosaurs from Red Ted Art
- How to Draw 50 Dinosaurs from Art for Kids Hub
- DIY Salt Dough Dinosaur Fossils from The Gingerbread House
- Paper Mache Dino Bank from Red Ted Art
Harry loves dinosaurs and carries them in a bucket everywhere he goes. Find out what happens when he leaves them on the train one day! (Somehow, this sounds like my house)
More Dinosaur Resources for Preschoolers
Still need more dinosaur resources? Add these to your list.
- Dinosaur Pinterest Board
- Dinosaur Craft Pasta Necklace
- Dinosaur Pasta Skeletons
- Dinosaur Puzzles
- Dinosaur Train Printables
- Dinosaur Coloring Pages
- Wooden Dinosaurs
- Dinosaur Stamps
- Dinosaur Songs and Games
- Lesson Plans for Dinosaur Train
Did I miss your favorite dinosaur craft or dinosaur book? Be sure and leave a comment to share your best ideas!
Other Posts from Real Life at Home You May Like:
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. They don’t change the price you pay. However, when you shop through them, we may receive a small compensation.
This post was most recently updated in August 2017. It was originally published on April 19, 2013.
Join 40,000+ Other Awesome People
Subscribe to the Real Life at Home weekly newsletter to get our latest content, exclusive free printables, learning activities, and ideas for celebrating with your kids all year