This month’s Activities for Catholic Families printable wasn’t quite as easy as some other months have been. I made an attempt to omit anything Lenten while making this activity printable, and let me tell you – that makes up a whole lot of possible March activities.
Now, you may say, “Why would you omit all of the Lenten activities?” Well, it’s because very shortly, I’ll be sharing a printable that is just for activities for Lent! Watch for it later this week!
As in previous months, many of the activities on the printable will also be wonderful for non-Catholic Christians to do with their families as well.
But, for now, here are the activities that appear on the 10 March Activities for Catholic Families Printable:
1. Make Cards for the Fathers in Your Life. St. Joseph was a wonderful husband and father, and his feast day is March 19th.
2. Find a coloring or activity page about a March saint, such as this St. Katharine Drexel coloring page (March 3rd).
3. Find a three leaf clover and talk about the Holy Trinity.
4. Go to a book store story time or just take time to enjoy a fun time at the book store. St. John of God, the patron saint of booksellers, has his feast day on March 8th.
5. Learn about the saints and feast days in March by using a free printable word search about the saints who have feast days in March.
7. Go on a nature walk and look for signs of Spring. (First day of Spring is March 20th.)
9. Plan a backyard garden. This is a perfect time to plan a summer garden or start cooler weather crops. Even a small garden can help children feel close to God through his Creation.
10. Make your favorite angel craft or maybe even a tasty treat like angel shaped cookies (with white frosting, of course, for the solemnity) to celebrate the Annunciation of the Lord (March 25th).
If you’re looking for past month’s printables, you can find an index page with links to each of the printables here.
*If you are having clarity issues with the printable, please right click on the image and choose “Save Link As” and download the document to your computer. Then, open it from your computer, rather than through your web browser’s PDF plugin, which can sometimes cause some blurriness or other issues. Another solution can be to download the printable in a different web browser than you usually use.
‘); // ]]>