Thrifty Thursday: Free Amazon Prime Shipping

A couple of weeks ago, I went to the Catholic Mothers Online Facebook page and asked if people would be interested in a post once a week with some frugal or money saving idea, along with some great online deals.  To my surprise, 95% of the people that answered said they would like that, and the other 5% said they didn’t have an opinion (as opposed to answering no, which got 0% of the vote).  So, I figured that must mean that with many of us having larger families (and sometimes only a single income), the money saving tips would be appreciated.

Frugal Tip for the Week

Now, I don’t know if you like shopping through as much as I do, but I really love it.  There are times that I even buy very small things, just knowing that they will arrive more quickly than I can get to the store.  The reason that I can do this is that I have an Amazon Prime membership.  (Amazon Prime allows you to have free two-day shipping on any purchase through them.)

While the Amazon Prime membership costs $79/year, we are currently on a free membership through Amazon Student, because my husband is in college part time.  Even if you don’t have anyone in your household in college, however, there is also another free Amazon Prime program called Amazon Mom.  While both of these programs are only for 3 – 6 months (which can be perfect for doing your Christmas shopping!), both have terms under which you can continue the membership for free or at a lower than usual price.

Some Great Online Deals

Free 8″x10″ Canvas (or $50 off a Larger Canvas) – You can get this deal through Canvas People, and they also offer 50% off a second canvas!  This would be a great way to pick up a free Christmas gift!

Free Sign Up for About One – About One is a service to help you get you and your family organized.  You can safely store items such as photos, children’s artwork and health, education and home records.

31% off All eBooks at Kitchen Stewardship – If you’re not already familiar with Kitchen Stewardship, you should definitely go check out Katie’s (a devout Catholic) site!  Right now, all of her ebooks are on sale for 31% off with the code BIRTHDAYTIME.

Free Chips and Queso… (YUM!)

6 Free Photo Products from Vistaprint – Choose a photo flipbook, t-shirt, mug, mouse pad, magnets or calendar- all for free! Don’t let your photos sit hidden on your computer, take this opportunity to celebrate your memories every day. You can upload from Picasa, Facebook and Flickr! You only pay shipping and processing.

 This post contains affiliate links.  These don’t cost you anything extra, but help support the running of this site.  Thank you!

This post is linked to Frugal Friday.

Angie Kauffman
Angie, a domestically challenged nerd and mom of three very fun kids, is the founder of Real Life at Home.  Angie also listens to music every chance she gets, writes eBookspodcastsloves Pinterestdocuments the little moments in life on Instagram, and occasionally sleeps.