Catholic Mothers Online blog roll is no longer accepting new requests to join. Sorry for any inconvenience.
Thank you for your interest in joining the Catholic Mothers Online Blog Roll!
Requirements for joining this blog roll (by submitting your information and clicking “I agree,” you are agreeing that you do meet the requirements for enrollment:
- This blog roll is for mothers. However, this includes mothers with children of all ages, as well as those who haven’t been blessed with a child yet, but do pray for that to happen in the future. This is also for women who serve as mothers through being a godmother, as well as those women who are simply mothers at heart. As one wise blogger said, “Isn’t every woman a mother at heart?”
- Membership is open to bloggers who are Roman Catholic or Orthodox, as well as those who are currently going through the RCIA process.
- You must recognize and respect the Magesterium of the Church and be obedient to the Pope and authorities under him. We feel this isn’t asking too much, as that is at the very heart of being Catholic. We don’t want to police what you are writing in regards to the Church. If you feel called to write about something you don’t agree with, please do so in a respectful manner. (If you cannot abide by this and we are contacted about a posting of yours, we will contact you to discuss it prior to removing your blog from the roll.)
- You must have at least three postings on your blog and also have had your blog for at least two weeks. If you fill out the form before that time, you will be asked to wait and resubmit the form at the appropriate time.
- Your blog must be set to public access, and must be almost entirely in the English language. (Because we check up on the blogs on the roll, the volunteers who help with this must be able to get to your blog, and they must be able to read the language, which is our reasoning for these rules.)
- You will need to add the coding to your blog with the blogroll (you will have to add this prior to being added). This will include a small picture, as well as the alphabetical listing of links of all the blogs on the roll. (Don’t worry — there will be a scrolling button so that even as the list grows, it won’t take over the side bar of your blog!) This needs to be displayed on your blog somewhere that it can easily be found. Since I do check up on all the blogs on the blog roll periodically — I need to be able to find it. I will look around, but if I can’t find it, your blog will be removed from the blog roll. (I may or may not notify you of this after you have been removed.)
- You will need to post to your blog at least once per calendar month.
- We reserve the right to decline a blog based on its content, even if it meets other requirements. This does not happen often, so please do not feel that your blog is going to be “judged.” But, it does happen from time to time, so we felt it best to mention it on here as well.
- Anyone whose sign up has been in the queue list for joining for over a month and hasn’t installed the code by that time will have their sign up deleted from the queue. If your sign up email has been deleted and you contact me about joining again, you will be asked to fill out the sign up (below) again.