The follow is a post from contributing writer Tiffany Manley.
At first glance the thought of a teacher’s gift doesn’t seem very applicable to a homeschooler. You are the teacher, after all.
When you think about it, though, there are plenty of people involved in your child’s life, and it would be completely appropriate for your child to give a gift. If your child is involved in co-op, sports, lessons, or any other activity that involves someone else teaching them, they can definitely give a gift of appreciation. It would definitely be appreciated by the teacher.
Gifting others teaches so many valuable things such as thinking of others, how to shop economically, getting to know a person, and more.
Need a few ideas to get you started? Check out the list below!
- 20 Fabulous Teacher Gift Ideas – This is a great compilation of a variety of unique gift ideas. I particularly like how many of them are handmade, which makes them even more special!
- 15 Awesome Teacher Gift Ideas – These ideas are cute and easy to make. I especially love the one that incorporates cookies. You can’t go wrong with cookies!
- Last Minute Teacher Appreciation Ideas – The very first one is completely awesome! Who wouldn’t love a giant cookie and some milk?
- Gifts at Tip Junkie – You really can’t go wrong with this massive list of totally adorable gift ideas!
- TONS of DIY Gift Ideas! – How Does She has put together an extensive list of handmade gift ideas. Have fun helping your child choose one that would make their teacher’s face light up!
Remember: you don’t need to get fancy. You don’t have to over-think this. Involve your child in as much of the process as possible.
Leave a lasting impression on them: it’s better to give than to receive.
Tiffany is a homeschooling work-at-home mom who likes to bake, watch TV, and be an all-around awesomesauce person. She blogs at Sweet Phenomena and helps new homeschoolers with her eBook, “So, You Think You Wanna Homeschool?”