Halloween is coming up, and with it comes excitement over costume choices, plans to make, and the ever-thrilling Halloween candy. Oh, the candy. This year, I thought it would be fun to make some Halloween Candy Math free printables. That way, while your kids are enjoying their Halloween loot, they can also be working on graphing, predictions, and measurements.
Okay, wait. Trust me on this one. I know that graphing, math predictions, and weights and measures don’t necessarily sound like Halloween fun, but let me assure you – it’s amazing how much more excited kids can be about those things when they aren’t graphing story problems but are instead graphing the colors of their fun size bag of M&M’s.
Oh, plus keep going after the download because you’ll want to do a simple entry for a chance to win a $100 Visa gift card at the end of this post!
If you’re headed out with the kids trick or treating this year, or even if you want to raid your own candy bowl for this activity, they are sure to have fun with the math activities in this packet that will give them a whole new way to look at those sweet Halloween treats.
If you work on moderation with your kids with their Halloween candy like we do, you won’t even have to worry about working on this Halloween Candy Math printable packet immediately. Just to be on the safe side, however, you might have them set aside some of the candy they will need for these activities. I picked common candies that they might receive, but feel free to cross things out and write in changes, if needed.
The Halloween Candy Math Free Printables Set Includes:
- 1 page M&M’s fun size bag color graphing
- 1 page Skittles fun size bag color graphing (this way, you can choose which works best for you)
- 1 page of Halloween candy weight comparison predictions – since I think that working on predictions are a very important skill for kids of all ages
- 1 page of Halloween candy weight comparisons (actual results)
- 1 page of Halloween candy length comparison predictions
- 1 page of Halloween candy length comparisons (actual results)
While Halloween candy is delicious for both kids and the adults that may find their hands in the candy bowl a little more than they intended, extra sugar can mean extra sugar acid which isn’t so swell for your teeth. While you should take care of your teeth all year round, all of the sweets surrounding Halloween make it a prime time to use products like Aquafresh® Cavity Protection, which helps protect your teeth from sugar acids and cavities.
With Aquafresh® toothpaste with Sugar Acid Protection from fluoride delivers that wonderful fresh feeling and protects teeth from sugar acids caused by not only all that sugary sweet Halloween candy, but also just from eating everyday foods.
Even though Halloween can be an extra busy night of the year, it’s extra important to not skimp on dental care! So, maybe after doing your math printables (or just while setting aside the candies that you’ll need for later), make sure that the whole family is getting their teeth clean before bed!
So, speaking of those Halloween Candy Math printables, you can download them here (and then make sure to scroll down a bit more to enter for a chance to win a $100 Visa gift card):
What’s your favorite way to take care of your teeth this Halloween? Tell me in the comments for a chance to win a $100 Visa gift card.
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
1. Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
2. Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
3. Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
4. For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older (or nineteen (19) years of age or older in Alabama and Nebraska). Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the [email protected] email address. You will have 2 business days to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 10/29/2015 – 10/31/2015