The following is a post from contributing writer Rob @ Art for Kids!
I can’t believe Easter is already here! My little kids wanted Easter baskets and we haven’t had two seconds to even think about it. So, I decided to make a simple Easter basket cutout for them to make their own.
- Glue or tape
- Markers, crayons, or colored pencils
- Easter basket cutout (free printable found below)
Easter Basket Cutout Step By Step
1. Print the free download, and cutout all the pieces. We printed the download on white, green, and brown construction paper. If you’d like to conserve paper, print it once on white paper and have your kids color the grass and basket.
2. Fold all the dotted lines on the basket piece.
3. Put a small dab of glue (or use tape) on each of the basket tabs.
4. Fold the basket together to make a box, and press the glued tabs down to hold it in place.
5. Next glue the grass and press it to the inside of the basket.
6. Then decorate the egg with crayons, markers, or colored pencils.
7. Next fold the bottom of the egg, add glue and press it to the bottom of basket.
8. Then put a small amount of glue on both ends of the basket handle.
9. Finally, press the basket handle onto the ends of the basket and your done. That’s it!
Side note: For fun, fill the basket (around the egg) with small Easter candies.
Free Printable Easter Basket Cutout
Click the image below to get the Easter basket cutout printable, then right click to save.
They love art, and love sharing it with others. To them, doing art together is the best part of every day.