Well, the time is finally here! Many Little Blessings, The Homeschool Classroom, and Catholic Printables Online (plus old posts from Catholic Mothers Online) have all been merged into one site: Real Life at Home. If you’re reading via email or an RSS feed, you might want to click through to see the new site.
Since the site is brand new, I thought I would use this week’s List it Tuesday to tell more about the new site and its features.
1. There are multiple subscription options. Seriously – if you want to keep up with what’s going on here at Real Life at Home, you have a whole buffet of choices for how to do that.
Whether you want to get every full post by email or you want to just read about Home Management and Family Life (which would be all of the posts that used to be the kinds of posts to show up on Many Little Blessings) through Feedly or just about anything in between - you can find an option to work for you.
2. There are even multiple options when looking at the blog. If you look in the lower navigation bar, you’ll see a link that says “Blog Reading Options” with a drop down menu. You can see a traditional blog with all of the posts from Real Life at a Home, of course. But, you can also see a traditional blog look but only with homeschooling posts, only with home management and family life, or only Catholic printables.
Trying to let you see only what you want to see and allowing readers of each of the individual blogs still have the same experience they’re used to was one of my top priorities when designing the site.
3. There’s a handy way to check out all of the printables on the site! Of course, you can also check out the individual printable types as well, such as educational, religious, Catholic, and home and organizing printables.
4. The awesome Homeschool Classroom contributing writers are still here. I’m so excited about this, because the homeschooling section of Real Life at Home just wouldn’t feel like The Homeschool Classroom if it weren’t for the amazing writers that share their practical tips and wonderful encouragement. I’m so blessed to have these writers continue sharing about homeschooling.
Of course, as always, I (Angie) will continue to be the most frequent writer on the site, as well as the only one writing in the sections that were once part of Many Little Blessings. So, don’t worry about a surge of writers for that area of the site. It’s still going to just be me. I can’t promise there won’t be a guest poster from time to time, but you’re stuck with me.
5. More regular content is one of the most exciting things to me about the merger of the sites and the start of Real Life at Home. Now that I’ll be freed up and concentrating on just one site, I won’t feel as stretched as I did with four sites. Or, at least that’s the hope.
I can’t wait to have you continue to visit and learn about Real Life at Home.
While I would share more now, we are, sadly, in the midst of a trying time on a personal level. My Grandpa has had rapidly deteriorating health, and may be nearing the end of his life. I’ll be turning my focus toward family matters for a little while, but I already have some fun things scheduled to share with you throughout the next couple of weeks. I guess that’s another blessings of the new merged site. It came at just the perfect time.