Melissa from The Inspired Room has asked people to post 20 things they love about Autumn. Since Autumn is my favorite season, I just couldn’t pass up the opportunity to declare my love for that season.
1. Watching the leaves on the maple tree in our backyard change color.
2. Crisp, but not cold, air outside.
3. Carmel apples with chopped nuts on top.
4. Watching the kids try to carry the pumpkins they choose from the pumpkin patch.
5. The earthy colors that are typical of the season.
6. Molly’s birthday.
7. Pumpkin pie, pumpkin rolls, pumpkin STUFF.
8. Fall festivals.
9. Thanksgiving with family (and the food isn’t too shabby either!)
10. The start of the new television season.
11. Cozy nights inside.
12. My annual trip away for four days of scrapbooking and friends.
13. Leaves blanketing the ground.
14. Burning bushes turning from unimpressive green shrubs to gorgeous, bright red wonders.
15. The extreme bounty that can be found at the Farmer’s Market toward the end of the season.
16. The excitment of Election Day.
17. Christmas begins to loom closer.
18. Greeting the smallest trick or treaters at our door.
19. Finally being able to see when you drive through the country, as the corn crops are harvested.
20. A cool night with a huge moon and a sky full of stars.