I had such an amazing weekend at the 2:1 Conference this past weekend. If you’re not familiar with the 2:1 Conference, it was the first Christian homeschool bloggers conference. If you fit into that niche – start saving your money for next year’s conference. It was so amazing!
For this week’s Top Ten Tuesday, I thought it would be fun to pick ten things from the notes I took – some inspirational, some blog related – to share.
10 Takeaways from the 2:1 Conference
1. “I’m not good enough” is a lie that the world tells you to hold you back from what Jesus wants for you. (Rachel from Finding Joy)
2. Don’t think of it as connecting with brands, think of it as connecting with people. You want a relationship with those people, but it needs to e an authentic relationship. (Christine of From Dates to Diapers)
3. Each one of us is anointed for His purpose. He has a job only you can do. (Rebecca from Mom Seriously)
4. Keep your site heavy on content, light on ads and other monetized material, otherwise your efforts might backfire. (Amy from Blogging with Amy)
5. Profit = a Plan. Where are you going? (If you don’t have a plan, you’re not going to get there.) (Toni from The Happy Housewife)
6. Rather than focus on getting followers, focus on giving to them. (Stef from Educating Laytons)
7. A lot of us are in denial about how distracting the computer is while we’re homeschooling. (Carisa from 1+1+1=1)
8. Small communities are better than large audiences. (Hey…that was from me! But, since several people tweeted it from my talk, I thought I would add it to the list.)
9. Experiment! When it comes to monetizing, there’s not a one-size-fits-all approach. Find what works for you and your blog. (Amy from Blogging with Amy)
10. Don’t feel bad to make money from your blog. Proverbs 31:8 She sees that her trading is profitable, and her lamp does not go out at night. (Toni from The Happy Housewife)