Fall is definitely my favorite season. It’s not even a competition really. I don’t have a close second favorite. With all of the other seasons, there are definitely things that I like a lot, but things that I just don’t like so much. Fall, however, I just love.
Although I could make a long list of things I love about Fall, I’ll keep it to ten favorites:
1. Watching the changing colors of the leaves. My favorite is our large maple tree in the backyard.
2. Crisp, but not overly cold, air outside. (You know — where it’s appropriate to wear a sweater but no coat.)
3. All of the earthy colors that are part of this season – both in the environment and in the stores.
4. Several family birthdays, although my very favorite of those is Molly’s (who just turned six years old!).
5. Thanksgiving with my family.
6. All of the fun fall festivals that there seem to be. (After many years away from one of our favorites, my Mom and I are going to try to return this year. Wish us luck! Returning was one of her goals in her cardiac rehab classes.)
7. Pumpkin pie, pumpkin muffins, pumpkin rolls, pumpkin bread…pumpkin, pumpkin, pumpkin.
8. Crisp nights with a bright moon and a sky full of stars.
9. The start of the new television season. (We don’t regularly watch a ton of shows, but we always look forward to new episodes of some of our favorites.)
10. The knowledge that Advent and Christmas are just around the corner.
What are some of your favorite things about Fall?