Reasons I’m Excited to Go to the 2:1 Conference
1. It’s only 38 days away! It’s from April 27th – 29th.
2. I’m speaking at the 2:1 Conference. This kind of sounds like one of those things where I’m full of myself because this excites me. But, those that know me will know how much I like to talk and (hopefully) be entertaining.
3. It’s a chance for me to share what I’ve learned the hard way. I really love when I can help people. Hopefully my talk will help some people avoid some of the mistakes I may have made in my blogging journey. Then again, it also may make some people realize that they don’t really have any desire to manage multiple sites. But, that’s a learning opportunity too.
4. I’ll be rooming with Kris from Weird, Unsocialized Homeschoolers. Kris and I have been friends for quite a few years, but we’ve never met in person. So, I’m excited to get to spend some extra time getting to know her by rooming with her.
5. The scheduled talks are amazing! Since the 2:1 Conference is for Christian homeschool bloggers, there is such a great variety of scheduled talks. (Really, I think there are enough talks that are specific to blogging that even non-homeschoolers would enjoy it.) It makes me excited to be included with such amazing speakers and topics.
6. I can go listen to those amazing talks. I’m definitely planning to go listen to talks when I’m not speaking. But, I really think I’m going to need to talk someone into taking notes for me at Carisa and Jolanthe’s talk about organizing your homeschool day (since I’ll be speaking at the same time). I really need that.
7. Ummm…Blogging with Amy, yo. I bet that if I looked through all of my “Many Little Links” weekend link round ups, Blogging with Amy is probably my most linked to site. Since Amy is speaking, I’m very pleased.
8. Making new friends. I love having the chance to meet new people, so I always think it’s fun to go to conferences and make new connections and friendships.
9. Really great sponsors. The 2:1 Conference has some really awesome sponsors. I think it will be great to meet them and get to know more about them.
10. I don’t have to cook the meals. It’s always nice to eat a hot meal that I don’t have to make!