In the last several years, I have felt more of an urge to travel. In traveling, I have realized that not only do we take in so much learning through the experiences, but I have also noticed that one of the beauties of travel are the memories we bring home with us.
Now, in this season in our lives, we can’t travel like I would want to. So, we take trips when we can manage it – anything from smaller things like camping to larger, occasional trips like Disney World.
10 Places I Would Love to Visit that I Have Never Been To
2. Rome, Italy and Vatican City – These just go together, right? I still remember one time just after we became Catholic, Eric and I were talking to our priest who was telling us about a trip to Rome. He said to us, “One day, when you go to Rome…” I told Eric later, “I loved that he said it like he knew we would go one day.”
3. The Holy Lands – While Jesus truly is everywhere, the thought of actually going where He lived His life is just mind blowing.
4. Boston, MA – While the thought of driving in this city would terrify me, the historical value of Boston makes me want to go anyway.
5. Canada – It’s the foreign country closest to me and I’ve never been. So, it seems like something I should do. I was especially impressed with British Columbia while we watched the last Winter Olympics.
6. Seattle, WA – I haven’t been to the Pacific Northwest at all (oh, let’s be honest – I haven’t been to the west coast), and Seattle has become my go-to location for this purpose.
7. New York City – So many amazing things in the city, though I’m intimidated by the thought of it.
8. Alaska – This seems like it would be my big adventure trip. This is also somewhere that Eric has long since wanted to go. If we went, we would definitely need to be able to see Aurora Borealis. (The Northern Lights, apparently, where visible from our home earlier this year, and we just didn’t know about it! We were both so upset.)
9. Pyramids of Giza (Egypt) – I have wanted to see the pyramids since I was in middle school. This is one of those trips that I suspect I will never actually take, but I also didn’t want to leave it off the list.
10. Greece – So much history and culture! Plus, every picture that I’ve ever seen of the island of Santorini makes me want to gasp.
Have you traveled to any of the places on my list? What did you think? What places are on your list?